winxp wireless network disable

David

When I disable the wireless network on my laptop, the tray icon disappears
and the wireless light on the 2Wire Gateway goes out. Does this mean that
the network is off the air and can not be accessed by another wireless
computer or is only my laptop off the air? If it is the latter, how can I
turnoff the wireless portion of the 2Wire Gateway without turning off the
dsl modem/router function?

David

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
It means that your Laptop is off the Wireless, but the Wireless might be
available for other Wireless computers if it is open with No security.
I am not familiar with your specific Wireless Router some Router has the
capacity to switch Off the Wireless and leave On every thing else, look at
the Wireless menus of your Wireless Router.
Otherwise, http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).