question about sound card...

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
i recently upgraded my computer... a mini upgrade to hold me till graduation.. but anyways, its an amd 3700+ chaintech mobo ati x700pro agp... 1 gb memory, ive been getting into CSS lately again and i find that everytime i double zoom and then quick switch my computer freezes for literally 30 seconds... i look in my console and it says it cant find a model, never tampered with my models... but it also does this when the bomb goes off too.. i run at max settings 0aa 0af at 1024... i think this may be a sound issue because all my other stuff should be able to run this fine... i average about 100fps... dips as low as 45 though... im hoping that its the crappy onboard chaintech sound... does anyone else agree?... some help would be sweet :)

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I dont play CS, so I would suggest that you visit a CS board so they can help you.

As for the soundcard, Make sure that you have all drivers updated for you motherboard, graphics, and other things like that.

Vascular

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Try disabling the onboard sound in the bios.
Run the game and see if it still happens.
Have you tried reducing the sound quality in the CSS options?

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
in a little ill turn off sound in bios... as for the lowering quality yes i have... but at the same time i lowered the quality i had music playing so it was kinda a trade off... i really cant think of anything else it could be though, if it isnt sound then that means one of my new components is crap..