ASUS A8N-E (Need Help Selecting Components)

kepani

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Hello all, new member here! I'm shopping and selecting components for a new system and I have about $2500-$2000 to spend after taxes and shipping. I am not reusing anything from my current system. I am somewhat interested in overclocking, but prefer stability over sheer speed. Overall, I'm looking for a computer that will last me a long time (I tend to burn it to the ground when it comes to computers - still using my trusty P3-866 from 2000).

I'm wondering if anyone has run across any issues with using the components below.

CPU
AMD X2 4400 Toledo

Motherboard
ASUS A8N-E

Memory
Corsair XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) <-- edited

GPU
BFG Tech GeForce 6800GT - 256MB <-- X
Evga GeForce 6800GS - 256MB <-- added

PS
Antec True Power II 430W (need help here)

Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 250GB <-- X
Hitachi Deskstar SATA 2 - 160GB <-- added
Hitachi Deskstar SATA 2 - 250GB <-- added

Optical
Plextor 16X 2MB Cache IDE DVD

Case
Antec P180 (need help here)

Monitor
Dell 2005 20" LCD

I'm having a tough time sorting out what memory, power supply, and case that will work. I'm torn between Corsair and OCZ. I don't want to go with the ValueSelect memory - leaning towards the chips which have their heat stripes for better cooling. As for the PS, after using the online calculator, I'm coming up with a 430W PS. Does this sound about right with my setup? Also, will there be any issues using the PS with the Antec P180 and with the Asus board?

I'm sorry if this is such a loaded post (for being my first). However, I know that there are lots of you guys out there who might be able to just say "ah, that works!" or "no, you'll have problems!" at first glance - where someone like me might have loads of trouble doing so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
kepani

EDITED - component list