Sound Card recommendation (?)

xslimmiejimmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
Ok, i got 5.1 Logitech X-530 setup. My mobo is eVGA-133-K8-NF41 SLI mobo with Realtek AC'97 8.1 sound. I basically got a whole new build, but haven't set it up, yet. my old mobo wouldn't allow me to control the rear speaker volume, so i got couple questions:
- Can I control the rear speakers with the onboard sound?
- If not, which soundcard do you recommend that can?
--want sound for high-end games (FarCry,BF2,etc), music, and DVD's [i have my own recording system for my personal recording]...

Lemme know ASAP please, thanks in advance. -later

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Ok, i got 5.1 Logitech X-530 setup. My mobo is eVGA-133-K8-NF41 SLI mobo with Realtek AC'97 8.1 sound. I basically got a whole new build, but haven't set it up, yet. my old mobo wouldn't allow me to control the rear speaker volume, so i got couple questions:
- Can I control the rear speakers with the onboard sound?
- If not, which soundcard do you recommend that can?
--want sound for high-end games (FarCry,BF2,etc), music, and DVD's [i have my own recording system for my personal recording]...

Lemme know ASAP please, thanks in advance. -later

depends on the software you got with your Mobo, my old mobo had support for 7.1 and i could change the volume of the rear speakers my new one listed below doesnt have the softare to do this but i use a audigy 2 ZS anyway so it doesnt matter.

if you want a soundcard i recommend the audigy 2 zs without the bay, or if you have enough dosh i would get the x-fi Fatlity just for the x ram and itll be good for future games that use it.