How to check my temps in my PC!

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Is there a software I can buy that I can check out the current temps on my computer? :twisted:
Don't listen to these guys, I'll do it for free. You just have to send me your computer!

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Yo fellas my comp temp at idle is: Processor Temp is 73.4F, Maninboard Temp is 75.2F. Is this good, pretty good or too hot??? :twisted:

endyen

Splendid
You had me worried for a minute there. Most temps are given in c not f. Those are great temps, consistant with your setup.
Try running a heavy program like prime95, to load your chip, and see how hot it gets. If it stays below 115F you are laughing.
BTW, I prefer MBM5 for monitoring. It allows you to keep a running log, which can help to diagnose problems.

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
You had me worried for a minute there. Most temps are given in c not f. Those are great temps, consistant with your setup.
Try running a heavy program like prime95, to load your chip, and see how hot it gets. If it stays below 115F you are laughing.
BTW, I prefer MBM5 for monitoring. It allows you to keep a running log, which can help to diagnose problems.
LOL sorry for the scare lol. Mine is a special computer lol. How hot does amd run? I don't know what prime95 is. I'm a nub so, it's new to me. I'm using PC wizard 2006. Is that a good program to use as well? :twisted:

endyen

Splendid
Prime95 is a program that is known to make the processor work very hard. Running it for a while should tell you what max temp your chip will ever see. It's a freebie, just google it.
PC Wizard is okay, it's just a personnal preference for MBM5. It's also free, and can be found with google.

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Prime95 is a program that is known to make the processor work very hard. Running it for a while should tell you what max temp your chip will ever see. It's a freebie, just google it.
PC Wizard is okay, it's just a personnal preference for MBM5. It's also free, and can be found with google.
Thanks. I will run it and poste it on here.

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Well first thanks for telling me about prime95. I dl and it was pretty cool to check out my pc temp. Watching it while the temps were rising lol. Prime95 ran for about an hour and the pc temp got up to 84.3 F and the main proc got up to 87 F or maybe little higher. Mine only ran for about an hour, is there a way to run longer than that?