Coppermine/Tualatin Adapter Questions

http://www.hardwarecooling.com/prod...C-PGA2_Tualatin_Adapter_for_Socket_370_FC-PGA

I just bought one of these off ebay, has anyone had any experiences with this adapter (or similar adapters)?

I got an old Intel D815EEA board that supports coppermine and im wondering would that run a tualatin celeron 1200, and what about older slot 1 boards supporting coppermine initially (like the ABit BH6 and ASUS P2B F)?

Any input on the matter would be great.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I have experience. This is actually a pretty sweet product because you can set the bus speed and voltage with those little jumpers! That's right, you can take a Tualatin Celeron 1100 and set it at 1.65v and 133MHz bus, so that a non-overclockable Intel board will automatically detect it as a Celeron 1466/133 with the needed extra voltage to make the overclock stable.

You can stack the thing on Slot-1 adapters too, but you need Beta BIOS for the P2B (any version) to support multipliers higher than 10x. The last beta never left beta, I believe it was 14.

I wouldn't stack this however. If you need a Tualatin Slot 1 adapter I suggest the Upgradeware Slot T, you can find a list of dealers at www.upgradeware.com. The Slot-T resembles the old Abit Slotket !!! but supports Tualatins.

Either of these require a board that meets VRM 8.4 for Coppermine processors. Another problem you could have with the P2B-F is that several revisions were available, and the first (I believe 3) revisions did NOT support core voltages below 1.8v.

Finally, for Slot-1 boards that don't support Coppermines (due to voltage), Powerleap has an adapter with its own VRM. But the PowerLeap adapter cost 4x as much as the Upgradeware, and for that price you'd might as well get a cheap replacement board.

Iv actually already got a system working with a 1.1a @ 1.46 without any extra vcore on a cheap via/jetway board.

How well does a 1.2a overclock and whats the vcore limit for them? Could it reach FSB133 at what vcore?