Problem with TS Permissions

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I have created an application that uses some 3rd party OCX controls.

It's a VB6 app, with an Installshield Express setup.

Once I Install the application (I need to do so as administrator in the
server) y create a remote user account and try to use the app.

I get the error that the user (with only Remote Desktop User permissions)
does not have rights to use the control.

What do I need to do in order to make the app work under Terminal Server?

My app. uses the registry to save some data, but I never gets to read that
data, since it crashes before that, trying to access the OCX.

Thank you,

Michael Prendergast

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Did you install the application while the Terminal Server was in
"install mode"?

248340 - Installing and Using Programs in Windows 2000 Terminal
Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=248340

Terminal Services Programming Guidelines
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/termserv/termserv/terminal_services_programming_guidelines.asp

If that doesn't help, I would download FileMon and RegMon from
http://www.sysinternals.com/. Run them as administrator, start
a TS session as a normal user and try to run the application.

FileMon and RegMon will show you all "access denied" errors
that occur, so that you can give your users the necessary
permissions on a file-to file or Registry subkey basis.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT