Problems with Internet Explorer 6

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi, I have a strange Problem with NT4 Terminal Server:
When installing IE5.5 or IE6 the installation seems to Work coorect.
But If you try to execute the ie , then you see the Ie Dialog shortly and the process finshs wihtout starting the ie.
I have absolutly no Idea what it should be.
My Server is an Dual Chiped Xeon 2,6 Gh with Hyperthreading (Even Disabling Hyperthreading doesn't solve the Problem ) ,
NT 4 Terminal Server with sp 6a ...
Of course we installed the Internet Explorer in Installation mode with "change user -install" in command line.
If you are asking why we use nt4... We have some applications which only work on nt4...

Thanks for helping

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I am having the exact same problem. IE6 on NT4 Terminal Server. Installs OK, but won't run! Did you find a resolution yet?

"A. Safarian" wrote:

> Hi, I have a strange Problem with NT4 Terminal Server:
> When installing IE5.5 or IE6 the installation seems to Work coorect.
> But If you try to execute the ie , then you see the Ie Dialog shortly and the process finshs wihtout starting the ie.
> I have absolutly no Idea what it should be.
> My Server is an Dual Chiped Xeon 2,6 Gh with Hyperthreading (Even Disabling Hyperthreading doesn't solve the Problem ) ,
> NT 4 Terminal Server with sp 6a ...
> Of course we installed the Internet Explorer in Installation mode with "change user -install" in command line.
> If you are asking why we use nt4... We have some applications which only work on nt4...
>
> Thanks for helping
>