print servers for dummies

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

That's me.

Can I hook up to single parallel print servers to a 3 computer peer to
peer network? It's cheaper that way....

bill

Tony wrote:

>Can I hook up to single parallel print servers to a 3 computer peer to
>peer network? It's cheaper that way....

Yes. You'll need to install the network printer drivers on all of the
computers that need to print. And you'll need to enable print sharing.
You then connect the printer to one computer, and use the print server
to let the others connect to it.

Tony <tonystar25@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can I hook up to single parallel print servers to a 3 computer peer to
> peer network? It's cheaper that way....

It's unclear what you are asking.

If you are asking whether you can use two single-port print servers on a
network instead of a single one with two ports, the answer is yes.

Or...

If you are talking about a single print server appliance -- which looks
like a tiny box attached to your printer's parallel port and which connects
to your network, the answer is also yes. Just install the print drivers on
each computer. In this configuration, no printer sharing is necessary.

If the three replies to your post do not address your question, please
clarify.

- David

"Warren Block" <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote in message
> Tony <tonystar25@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can I hook up to single parallel print servers to a 3 computer peer to
> > peer network? It's cheaper that way....
>
> It's unclear what you are asking.
>
> If you are asking whether you can use two single-port print servers on a
> network instead of a single one with two ports, the answer is yes.
>
> --
> Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote in message news:<slrncoiuik.2hi2.wblock@speedy.wonkity.com>...
> Tony <tonystar25@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can I hook up to single parallel print servers to a 3 computer peer to
> > peer network? It's cheaper that way....
>
> It's unclear what you are asking.
>
> If you are asking whether you can use two single-port print servers on a
> network instead of a single one with two ports, the answer is yes.

Thanks. That's what I was wanting to know.