securing wireless networks

I'm using a wireless connection for a labtop to use the internet, however i
feel that people are using my internet connection. How do i put password on
it so only certain people the password can use it? also will that effect the
computer i'm also using that is plugged in with a cable?
1 answer Last reply
More about securing wireless networks

    Would b Hero wrote:

    > I'm using a wireless connection for a labtop to use the internet,
    > however i feel that people are using my internet connection. How do i
    > put password on it so only certain people the password can use it?
    > also will that effect the computer i'm also using that is plugged in
    > with a cable?

    You need to enable encryption on the router. Then you'll enter the
    encryption key into any computers connecting wirelessly. Here are links
    to help you with wireless security:

    The six dumbest ways to secure a wireless LAN -
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=43

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Wireless Internet Connection Wireless Networking