mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I have a win 2003 terminal server (also a domain controller). It is
running Citrix Metaframe XP.
All is well except for when users connect and run Internet explorer
they cant access web pages with Flash content.
I have installed Macromedia Flash player when logged onto the console
of server in as administrator (in intall mode) but no luck.
When the user is prompted to install flash, it fails.
Have even tried to log onto citrix as administrator but same story.

Is there a particular GPO setting I need to edit?

Any help appreciated

ps- When logged on as user I have edited IE security settings to LOW
for Internet zone but still same.........

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Users don't have access to write to the "Downloaded program files" folder.
This might be your problem.
Usually, once the plugin is installed as an Admin, other users can use it.
This should have nothing to do with install mode.

Need more information.

<mark@kingdomcomputers.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a win 2003 terminal server (also a domain controller). It is
> running Citrix Metaframe XP.
> All is well except for when users connect and run Internet explorer
> they cant access web pages with Flash content.
> I have installed Macromedia Flash player when logged onto the console
> of server in as administrator (in intall mode) but no luck.
> When the user is prompted to install flash, it fails.
> Have even tried to log onto citrix as administrator but same story.
>

> Is there a particular GPO setting I need to edit?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> ps- When logged on as user I have edited IE security settings to LOW
> for Internet zone but still same.........

cvrjcu

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
I have found this issue to be resolved by adding full permissions to domain users (or everyone) depending on how your domain is set up to the following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > CLSID > {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000} AND
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > CLSID > {D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}

This has done the trick, I would say it will fix your issue also.