DX11 with a DX10 GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
ok just upgraded to win 7 home 64bit.
i have a gts 250 core edition with full DX10 support..
as you know...win 7 has DX11 support..

Dxdiag shows that i have DX11

Whats going on? and which version am i useing? DX9/10/11 :S

all so, DxDiag shows only 3.5 gig out of my currently installed 4gig.....common problem?

Excuse the spelling.. havn't got my spell check installed yet ¬¬

Solution

Thing to keep in mind, if you have DX11 installed, it has and supports all previous versions of Direct X, so you don't do any harm by having the latest version, and in fact you should have the lastest version installed to be sure you are getting the lastest and greatest of whatever version your card will support, but if you card is only DX10, then DX10...

Thing to keep in mind, if you have DX11 installed, it has and supports all previous versions of Direct X, so you don't do any harm by having the latest version, and in fact you should have the lastest version installed to be sure you are getting the lastest and greatest of whatever version your card will support, but if you card is only DX10, then DX10 is the highest feature set you run.

Solution

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
ok so it really dosn't matter that the gts250 only goes to dx10....any game i play will use the DX10 libaery and if i upgrade to a gtx460 or a dx11 card games will then use the dx11 ibaery. sorry for spelling.

x86overclock

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009

That's funny because I thought the same thing but I am running DX11 with my DX10 cards don't know how or why but they are and they are running my games in DX11 just fine but for some reason I can no longer run benchmarks because 3dmark no longer recognizes my cards but again I am running DX11 on 2 DX10 dual gpu cards and when I run my games I enable DX11 still runs fine with no hiccups maybe you can tell me how I can fix whatever happened to my drivers because I would like to run benchmarks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.