Windows could not find a certificate message to connect to..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 24, 2005 4:01:44 PM

Hello,

Windows couldn't find a certificate to connect to ABCD network
(something like that because my Windows is in French : "Windows n'a pas
pu trouver un certificat pour vous connecter au réseau ABCD")

I have this message poping from my systray while I'm connected to a
wireless DLink router. If connected wired, I don't have this kind of
problem.

Could someone explain me if there is a security problem with my
installation and how to solve this problem.

Thank you!

FL
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 26, 2005 4:22:49 AM

ipp_flaurent@yahoo.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Windows couldn't find a certificate to connect to ABCD network
> (something like that because my Windows is in French : "Windows n'a
> pas pu trouver un certificat pour vous connecter au réseau ABCD")
>
> I have this message poping from my systray while I'm connected to a
> wireless DLink router. If connected wired, I don't have this kind of
> problem.
>
> Could someone explain me if there is a security problem with my
> installation and how to solve this problem.
>
> Thank you!
>
> FL

I am guessing that the network is looking at the router MAC address,
since it is the connected device, and not finding it to be correct.
Since you have no problem when connected directly to the modem, try
cloning your computer's MAC address on the router.