XP roaming profile - how to use locally configured printers?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

My college is beginning to use roaming profiles this year in the student
labs. There are different print settings in each lab. We have tried setting
up network printers locally on the computers via admin accounts but the
roaming profile accounts cannot see the locally configured network
printers. One established lab does have computers that will allow domain
accounts to see local computers but newer images do not allow this to
happen. So we are thinking that some security setting/policy is
misconfigured. Is there any way to configure the systems to allow domain
accounts to see the local printers?

Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

DLN <dln@dln.invalid> wrote in

> My college is beginning to use roaming profiles this year in the
> student labs. There are different print settings in each lab. We have
> tried setting up network printers locally on the computers via admin
> accounts but the roaming profile accounts cannot see the locally
> configured network printers. One established lab does have computers
> that will allow domain accounts to see local computers but newer
> images do not allow this to happen. So we are thinking that some
> security setting/policy is misconfigured. Is there any way to
> configure the systems to allow domain accounts to see the local
> printers?
>
> Thanks.

That was supposed to say "One established lab does have computers that will
allow domain accounts to see local PRINTERS but newer images do not allow
this to happen." Sorry.