OEM Word License on Windows 2003 Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I am looking to provide 15 users with access to MS Word 2003. I have
to have this loaded on a aterminal server as another application
requires it.

I am looking at MS Word 2003 OEM. I am a registered OEM system buider.
Would it be ok to purchase 15 copies of OEM word for the above
requirement?.

Thanks

Paul.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Office is licensed per device, not per user, so you would need a
Office license for every device that is used to run Office on a
Terminal Server.

Licensing Microsoft Office in a Windows Terminal Server
Environment
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/licen
soffice.asp

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Paul Walker <ps@notathtisaddress.com> wrote in

> I am looking to provide 15 users with access to MS Word 2003. I
> have to have this loaded on a aterminal server as another
> application requires it.
>
> I am looking at MS Word 2003 OEM. I am a registered OEM system
> buider. Would it be ok to purchase 15 copies of OEM word for the
> above requirement?.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Vera,

So I would buy 15 OEM copies of word to meet the licensing
requirement.

I would only need to load Word 2003 once though yes?, so long as I
have a licence for each device that will be running Word 2003 that
would legally satisfy the licensing requirement?.

Thnaks

Paul.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 05:44:09 -0700, "Vera Noest [MVP]"
<Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:

>Office is licensed per device, not per user, so you would need a
>Office license for every device that is used to run Office on a
>Terminal Server.
>
>Licensing Microsoft Office in a Windows Terminal Server
>Environment
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/licen
>soffice.asp
>
> --
>Vera Noest
>MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>*----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
>Paul Walker <ps@notathtisaddress.com> wrote in
>

>> I am looking to provide 15 users with access to MS Word 2003. I
>> have to have this loaded on a aterminal server as another
>> application requires it.
>>
>> I am looking at MS Word 2003 OEM. I am a registered OEM system
>> buider. Would it be ok to purchase 15 copies of OEM word for the
>> above requirement?.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Yes. Install Word 2003, while the TS is in "install mode". This
makes Word available to all users of the TS.