Painting Query

Last response: in Video Games
March 28, 2005 12:34:46 PM

Good morning all

Yesterday I decided to try repainting an aircraft.
After a false start where my paint program could not read the extended
bitmaps used by FS9, I downloaded the DXTMmp program that converts the
files. Excellent.

All went well except for one thing.
Although I repainted the tail both sides, when in FS9 the right-hand side of
the tail 'artwork' is reversed, and as the 'artwork' is actually words, it
looks weird.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong please?

TIA, Dave.

More about : painting query

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 1:46:30 PM

Repaint the words back to front?

Cheers,

Quilly
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 10:09:28 PM

"Dave Potter" wrote:

> [..]
> All went well except for one thing.
> Although I repainted the tail both sides, when in FS9 the right-hand side
> of
> the tail 'artwork' is reversed, and as the 'artwork' is actually words, it
> looks weird.

Although if there may be both sides in the paintkit, the model author may
have used just one side and mirrored it. There will be no way for you
to change this. afaik.

Jan
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 10:09:29 PM

Ok Jan, many thanks for that.
I'll have to think up a (reversible) logo :-)

Dave
!