winocx32.exe missing message on start-up

I'm getting a message when I start up saying the file
winocx32.exe is missing ....but when I click the msg off,
windows XP appears to boot up and operate normally. Can
anyone tell me what this is about and how to fix?

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about winocx32 missing message start

    You have some species of W32 virus.
    Activate a firewall and run an updated virus scan.
    Free online scans can be had from:
    Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    McAfee Security - FreeScan
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

    Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner

    Run at least 2 of them.
    You will probably need other help to remove the accompanying trojan

    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    can help with advice and tools that cope with many various types of W32
    infections
    Hope this helps,

    Chek
    --
    Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly
    "bungay" <bungay@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > I'm getting a message when I start up saying the file
    > winocx32.exe is missing ....but when I click the msg off,
    > windows XP appears to boot up and operate normally. Can
    > anyone tell me what this is about and how to fix?
    >
    > thanks

    Actually, he had the virus. Its been removed, but the entry that's trying to load it is still present.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Startup Programs Tracker. This utility should show you where this program is trying to load from, and the Help information will assist you in removing it.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "bungay" <bungay@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:8d6a01c48579$351b86f0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > I'm getting a message when I start up saying the file
    > winocx32.exe is missing ....but when I click the msg off,
    > windows XP appears to boot up and operate normally. Can
    > anyone tell me what this is about and how to fix?
    >
    > thanks

Microsoft Windows XP