fans!! Cooling!!

Seth064

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005
I am a noob at the hardware side of things and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

I work in a Cyber Cafe and we keep all our systems underneath Desks inside a cupboard type enclosure. There are wee Vents ontop of the desks to let the heat escape but I feel this isnt enuf.

I am gonna fit fans to these holes that are ontop of the desks to suck the warm air out, but wat about the pcs themselfs? Should I set up fans on the case to constantly Blow the warm air out of the case? Will it keep inside the case cooler, or do I need fans to be sucking cold air in aswell? If so, then this is a problem as underneath the desks are always full of warm air so there is no way for the pc to get access to cold air.

I was sorta hoping that if there was enuf fans sucking the warm air out of the case and then the fans sucking the warm air out from underneath the desk that it would keep the PCs cool enuf... but before getting the stuff needed to do this I was wondering if this would work?

Any help would be appreciated!

steves10

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Is there anyway for cooler air to enter the bottom of the cupboards? Putting fans on the top exits won't be very efficient if it can't be replaced by cooler air from the bottom. With adequate vents top and bottom you might be able to get some decent convection going.

As it's a cyber cafe I assume all the PC's aren't stuffed with additional drives, top of the range graphics cards etc and generally run fairly unstressed - therefore provided you can keep the ambient temp in the cupboards down to a reasonable level you shouldn't really need any additional cooling.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
It's allways a good idea having a few fans blowing away hot air from the machines. But we had to know what rigs are, cpu brands and temps. Because if the temps are ok and you don´t have stability problems or throtling cpus, don´t bother doing that.

Scruze my Engrish :D

Seth064

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005
There is no way for cool air to get into the cupboards unless we were try some how pump it in.

The components in our systems are -

Gigabyte SLI PCI-Epress Mobo
AMD 64bit +3000
Nvidia 6800 GT
1GB Kengsinton RAM

Antec Case with 1 big Fan at the back

The cpu came with a Standard Heatsink and fan.

we have 36 of these pcs in the same room..... with 2 aircon systems, but the room is still warmish.... so I dont know how I could get cool air into the computers

TRENDING THREADS