Value Graphics Card for CoD2

rockit

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Hi
I have spent many a happy hour drawing up lists etc and I can now confidently say "I am more confused then ever"
I run a P4 2.4 with 5??mb of memory the mother board is a D845GERG2
My favourite game has been Cod so I purchased CoD2, enough said....
I only use the computer to play this game , so would like to source a AGP card for about $100 or £60 ish Please help
Thank you Regards
Rockit.
Bristol
England

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I hated it when the people on these forums would suggest a card I couldn't afford and/or wouldn't fit in my mother board but.......

I love my 7800GT, it plays COD2 with all the options turned all the way up. The good news here is that if you ran into a load of cash somewhere and were buying a new system just to play COD2, you would not need to go any higher than the 7800GT. In fact some of the faster 6800 series might be fast enough to play COD2 maxed out.

If you don't win the lotto the cards Cleeve suggested are your best bet.

EDIT:

This is not entirely true. Fsaa was disabled in the driver so even though it was enabled in the game the card was not really doing fsaa. The card will chug down to 14fps with everything maxed out. The game is still playable but not as smooth as when fsaa is off. Dang now I need a better card, who wants to lone me $600 for a 1900?