windows xp installation errors (quite a few)

nevenincs

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
got a new rig:
asus k8n4-e
sempron 2600+
palit geforce 6600 w ddr2 (512 MB) (pci-express)
win xp prof w service pack 2
80 GB ibm hdd 7200 rpm, 2MB buffer

the problem seems to be that every time i try to install windows, i get error messages (frim IRQ conflics to internal errors, low disk space, blue screens on install etc.)

does anyone know of possible hware conflicts? or anything ( my exams have started and i have no pc) :)

butitoy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
got a new rig:
asus k8n4-e
sempron 2600+
palit geforce 6600 w ddr2 (512 MB) (pci-express)
win xp prof w service pack 2
80 GB ibm hdd 7200 rpm, 2MB buffer

the problem seems to be that every time i try to install windows, i get error messages (frim IRQ conflics to internal errors, low disk space, blue screens on install etc.)

hello.

based on my experience. ( i do technicals for sideline job: installing and sorts. ) IRQ LESS OR EQUAL error are caused by
* the processor is detected by the mobo bios but beyond its designed fsb/multiplier settings, or it is not designed for it - update the bios from the site.
* your processor is just to hot! check the cpu temp, and if hot. check the fan if its running or change the heatsink.
* the memory you are using are messing it up. change it ( that's for sure! )

think this might help you a bit.javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink

krazyIvan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
First I would clear the CMOS if it’s new, second check your BIO's do you have the latest? Just because your MB is new to you doesn’t mean it’s NEW and after sitting on the shelf for a while your BIO's may have been long ago superseded. Also in your BIO's settings keep an eye out for the APIC; set it to ENABLED if not already so, this give you more IRQ's.