MS Access and System DSN permissions

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I am currently using WTS connectivity to Microsoft Access 2002 database
tables (held on a network). There is lock down policy on the server. I am
able to Link tables using a System DSN with a user situated within the local
Admin group - an end user with standard priviledges returns an error code as
below:

System driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (Oracle in
OraHome92) (#160)

I'd be grateful if somebody could advise where the security permissions for
System DSNs are held and what the problem resolution could be.

Many thanks

Dean Palumbo
1 answer Last reply
More about access system permissions
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

    I would download FileMon and RegMon from
    http://www.sysinternals.com/. Run them as administrator, start
    a TS session as a normal user and try to run the application.

    FileMon and RegMon will show you all "access denied" errors
    that occur, so that you can give your users the necessary
    permissions on a file-to file or Registry subkey basis.

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhbiBQYWx1bWJv?= <Dean
    Palumbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 10 sep 2004:

    > I am currently using WTS connectivity to Microsoft Access 2002
    > database tables (held on a network). There is lock down policy
    > on the server. I am able to Link tables using a System DSN with
    > a user situated within the local Admin group - an end user with
    > standard priviledges returns an error code as below:
    >
    > System driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (Oracle
    > in OraHome92) (#160)
    >
    > I'd be grateful if somebody could advise where the security
    > permissions for System DSNs are held and what the problem
    > resolution could be.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Dean Palumbo

Microsoft Permissions Windows