kim

I have forgotton my password. I was told to go to
this site for help. Does anyone have advice?
What can I do to solve this?
Thanks...

If your version of XP is Home version then a hidden Administrator account
was created when XP was installed. This account has a blank password. Once
into it you will be able to go to the Control Panel->User Accounts and reset
the password for your usual account. Next time create password floppy. You
will be able to do that when you reset the password.
You need to boot into Safe Mode. Repeatedly press the F8 key after the
computer is restarted. You should get to the Boot Menu. From there use the
arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press the Enter Key. Click on the
Administrator Account and remember that no password is required as this
should be blank by default.

If your version of XP is Pro then post back stating that you have Pro and no
longer recall the Administrator password.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp