password

I have forgotton my password. I was told to go to
this site for help. Does anyone have advice?
What can I do to solve this?
Thanks...
1 answer Last reply
More about password

    If your version of XP is Home version then a hidden Administrator account
    was created when XP was installed. This account has a blank password. Once
    into it you will be able to go to the Control Panel->User Accounts and reset
    the password for your usual account. Next time create password floppy. You
    will be able to do that when you reset the password.
    You need to boot into Safe Mode. Repeatedly press the F8 key after the
    computer is restarted. You should get to the Boot Menu. From there use the
    arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press the Enter Key. Click on the
    Administrator Account and remember that no password is required as this
    should be blank by default.

    If your version of XP is Pro then post back stating that you have Pro and no
    longer recall the Administrator password.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have forgotton my password. I was told to go to
    > this site for help. Does anyone have advice?
    > What can I do to solve this?
    > Thanks...

Microsoft Windows XP