My motherboard is lagging me ?

Do you think that my motherboard is lagging me from playing some non-up-to-date games?

My specs:

CPU: Pentium 4 HT 2.4 (Norwood Socket 478)
Memory: 1GB Kingston value ram
mobo: MSI Neo FISR-LSR
Video card: PNY 6600GT 128MB AGP
HD: 40GB 5400rpm 2M cache?

I have problem for playing even Diablo Expansion.
In the game, the graphics lags majorly when there's a crowd. The frame starts to skip and it really sux. I have checked the DSL, video card driver, BIOS driver and memory, all are working fine and up-to-date with the lastest driver. I just don't have a clue why it's performing so slow. I also ran 3dMark 2005 and got a score of 2111 (I wonder if it's already high). Please drop any opinion if you will. Thank you !!
4 answers Last reply
More about motherboard lagging
  1. That harddrive might (could) be a bottleneck.
  2. hmm..... I thought so too. Any where else I can improve my computer performance?

I am gonna try to install my new 300G Seagate 16mb buffer drive, and see if it is my harddrive that's slowing down the whole system.
  3. I've got the same issues with a system that I built for my church. We're using an old 30gig HD that only has 2mb cache. I was watching it play video and it was stuttering. Mind you I installed a 6600 (don't need anything TOO fancy) which should run video like a knife through butter. So, what I think I'm gonna' do is get two HDs and RAID 0 'em together. What size? I dunno yet... still lookin...

I'm almost positive it's the HD that's causing the problem... the 5400 RPM spin w/ 2mb cache just isn't enough oomph.
  4. Let me install my new drive and see what happens, then I will post the result here. If this does not improve the performance, I am sure it's the mobo that's giving me problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Lag Motherboards