ATI 9800 PRO , (little part fell off)

xerath

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Hi,

When I was putting my card in my case, I pushed a bit too hard and one of the components fell off, I have included a picture of the card and the little part that fell off (has .2.2 FALCO 0415) written on it.

ati.jpg

I tryed to superglue the part back on , it didnt work. I then tryed putting the card in the case and manually put the component on, it worked once then stopped working. Is there anything I can do to get my card working again? If I send it into a computer shop will they be able to send it somewhere to get it fixed? :(

Vascular

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Time to bust out the cold heat soldering iron and put that bad boy back on.
Take it to an electronics shop if you dont know how to solder. Maybee some one else knows if you damaged it buy plugging in a broken card.

Btw the connection you broke of is a metal to metal connetion superglue will not work

xerath

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Weird thing is. I tryed holding the 2.2 FALCO onto the board, and that worked, then when I tryed again after that nothing happened, so I might have damaged the board, is there any way to reset the board ?

I also saw that there might be a little resister under where the FALCO coil was , it reads R1563, I might have scratched it and damaged the resister to get the glue off the board?

The glue that they used looked like silicone glue to stick the base on and the connectors just were placed over the metal connections. Soldering might help, think I should just try? But once its soldered and dosent work , what next ?