A8N SLi - Northbridge temp?

wuhtzu

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Hey guys

Can someone please tell me how to read the temp of the Northbridge on my ASUS A8N-SLi.

I'm about to change chipset cooler and i would really like to be albe to check if my new cooler is mounted correctly (by checking hte temp)

So; which sensor is displaying the Northbridge Temp and which program can read it? (if any can)

Thank you
Wuhtzu

wuhtzu

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
In my BIOS I have a menu called Hardware Monitor (PC Health in some BIOS) and in there I have a value called M/B Temp 32*C but that is not the northbridge, because I doenst respond by increasing the value if i stop the chipset cooler....

mpjesse

Splendid
Which A8N do you have?

A8N-SLI Premium or Deluxe?

If you have the premium, you cannot stop the chipset cooler because it is a heatpipe design! It's fanless.

-mpjesse

wuhtzu

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Which A8N do you have?

A8N-SLI Premium or Deluxe?

If you have the premium, you cannot stop the chipset cooler because it is a heatpipe design! It's fanless.

-mpjesse

Maybe thats why it isnt the Premium I have ;) Btw it is mentioned several times that it is the A8N SLi, neither Premium nor Deluxe. :)

DeathwingX

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
how do u chekc the northbridge temps, i have a asus 775 sli, cant remember the exact name, but i was wondering cuz mine is alwayz burning hot everytime i touch it