Access to MS Office on a Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

We have installed MS Office 2003 on a Windows 2003 server and would like to
restrict access to the icons. Is there a way to only let specific users see
the icons? I have restricted access to the application using Directory
Security, but if the users can see the icons they call to see why the
application dosn't work!

Any idea's would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about access office terminal server
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

    Am Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:24:01 -0800 schrieb Mike_B:

    > We have installed MS Office 2003 on a Windows 2003 server and would like
    > to restrict access to the icons. Is there a way to only let specific
    > users see the icons? I have restricted access to the application using
    > Directory Security, but if the users can see the icons they call to see
    > why the application dosn't work!
    >
    > Any idea's would be appreciated.

    hmm, i would put the icons OUT of the allusers->desktop. then put it only
    in the desktop dir of users, who are allowed to open the programms.

    same with allusers->startmenue.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

    I did some other "hacks" to hide the icons. This is a little out there, but
    I moved Start Menu to the root of Documents and Settings, added a folder
    caled Start Menu, and put the icons I want the users to see there.

    --

    gt
    Server Based Computing Evangelist

    "mario kammerer" <ramses@max4eu.net> wrote in message
    > Am Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:24:01 -0800 schrieb Mike_B:
    >
    > > We have installed MS Office 2003 on a Windows 2003 server and would like
    > > to restrict access to the icons. Is there a way to only let specific
    > > users see the icons? I have restricted access to the application using
    > > Directory Security, but if the users can see the icons they call to see
    > > why the application dosn't work!
    > >
    > > Any idea's would be appreciated.
    >
    > hmm, i would put the icons OUT of the allusers->desktop. then put it only
    > in the desktop dir of users, who are allowed to open the programms.
    >
    > same with allusers->startmenue.

Windows Server 2003 Office Terminal Server Icons Windows