Terminal server locked

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi group ..

everytime my terminal server (with 30 users connected) locked for 10 or 60
seconds. Nobody work during this time .. and , after this, my system stay
normal. I don´t know what to do.. I search in the event log, but don´t have
anything. My internet connection was normal, no overload.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Which OS do you run on your Terminal Server? NT4, W2K or 2003?

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 18 nov 2004:

> Hi group ..
>
> everytime my terminal server (with 30 users connected) locked
> for 10 or 60 seconds. Nobody work during this time .. and ,
> after this, my system stay normal. I don´t know what to do.. I
> search in the event log, but don´t have anything. My internet
> connection was normal, no overload.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

windows 2003

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> escreveu na
mensagem news:Xns95A58F7532C9Fveranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16...
> Which OS do you run on your Terminal Server? NT4, W2K or 2003?
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
> "Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 18 nov 2004:
>
> > Hi group ..
> >
> > everytime my terminal server (with 30 users connected) locked
> > for 10 or 60 seconds. Nobody work during this time .. and ,
> > after this, my system stay normal. I don´t know what to do.. I
> > search in the event log, but don´t have anything. My internet
> > connection was normal, no overload.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Check of one of these articles apply to your situation:

821467 - Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Stops Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821467

832971 - Terminal Services stops responding on your Windows Server
2003 server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832971

828662 - Terminal Server stops responding when idle sessions are
being ended
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828662

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 18 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> windows 2003
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
> escreveu na mensagem
>> Which OS do you run on your Terminal Server? NT4, W2K or 2003?
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>>
>> "Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 18 nov 2004:
>>
>> > Hi group ..
>> >
>> > everytime my terminal server (with 30 users connected) locked
>> > for 10 or 60 seconds. Nobody work during this time .. and ,
>> > after this, my system stay normal. I don´t know what to do..
>> > I search in the event log, but don´t have anything. My
>> > internet connection was normal, no overload.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi Vera ..

I installed this hotfixes last week .. but, the problem continue...

thank´s

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> escreveu na
mensagem news:Xns95A5D3BA47C7Bveranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16...
> Check of one of these articles apply to your situation:
>
> 821467 - Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Stops Responding
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821467
>
> 832971 - Terminal Services stops responding on your Windows Server
> 2003 server
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832971
>
> 828662 - Terminal Server stops responding when idle sessions are
> being ended
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828662
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 18 nov 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>
> > windows 2003
> >

> > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
> > escreveu na mensagem
> >> Which OS do you run on your Terminal Server? NT4, W2K or 2003?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Vera Noest
> >> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> >> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> >> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Have you tried to monitor the server when this happens?
How is CPU usage? Is there a single process which monopolizes the
CPU? Is there any pattern in time when this happens? During heavy
login hours?

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 19 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Hi Vera ..
>
> I installed this hotfixes last week .. but, the problem
> continue...
>
> thank´s
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
> escreveu na mensagem
>> Check of one of these articles apply to your situation:
>>
>> 821467 - Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Stops Responding
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821467
>>
>> 832971 - Terminal Services stops responding on your Windows
>> Server 2003 server
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832971
>>
>> 828662 - Terminal Server stops responding when idle sessions
>> are being ended
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828662
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 18 nov 2004 in
>> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>>
>> > windows 2003
>> >

>> > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
>> > escreveu na mensagem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi Vera ...

My disk use is 100% usage when the problem happen .. How can I know who is
the process that cause this? No .. Isn´t pattern .. and normally during 1
minute or less.

thank´s..

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> escreveu na
mensagem news:Xns95A6EE678928Dveranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16...
> Have you tried to monitor the server when this happens?
> How is CPU usage? Is there a single process which monopolizes the
> CPU? Is there any pattern in time when this happens? During heavy
> login hours?
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 19 nov 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>
> > Hi Vera ..
> >
> > I installed this hotfixes last week .. but, the problem
> > continue...
> >
> > thank´s
> >
> > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
> > escreveu na mensagem
> >> Check of one of these articles apply to your situation:
> >>
> >> 821467 - Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Stops Responding
> >>
> >> 832971 - Terminal Services stops responding on your Windows
> >> Server 2003 server
> >>
> >> 828662 - Terminal Server stops responding when idle sessions
> >> are being ended
> >>
> >> --
> >> Vera Noest
> >> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> >> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> >> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
> >>
> >> "Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 18 nov 2004 in
> >> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Maybe the system is short on RAM and is paging heavily?
You'll have to use Performance Monitor to find the cause of this.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 23 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Hi Vera ...
>
> My disk use is 100% usage when the problem happen .. How can I
> know who is the process that cause this? No .. Isn´t pattern ..
> and normally during 1 minute or less.
>
> thank´s..
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
> escreveu na mensagem
>> Have you tried to monitor the server when this happens?
>> How is CPU usage? Is there a single process which monopolizes
>> the CPU? Is there any pattern in time when this happens? During
>> heavy login hours?
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "Janaina" <jrodrigues@sattours.com.br> wrote on 19 nov 2004 in
>> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>>
>> > Hi Vera ..
>> >
>> > I installed this hotfixes last week .. but, the problem
>> > continue...
>> >
>> > thank´s
>> >
>> > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
>> > escreveu na mensagem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Yes .. but I´m not having problems with my memory .. include I put more
memory .. now, normally, I have 50% usage ..

I think there is happen when some users will be tranfers dates either TS/PC
client ?? But, how Can I known who is the user??

thank´s again...
"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> escreveu na
mensagem news:Xns95AADFC97A5FEveranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16...

TRENDING THREADS