DFI LANPartyUT NF4 SLI-DR Expert or Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe

kakashi

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I'm stuck between DFI LANPartyUT NF4 SLI-DR Expert and Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe. I know that DFI is good to oc however the A8N32 has two true X16 where DFI is sharing the x16. Please help.

Stummpy

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
Don't go for the cheaper, because normally you get what you pay for. DFI is good but I have seen more than a few complaints on the reviews and threads. ASUS almost never lets you down though. And I haven't had any problems at O/Cing with mine. And you wont regret the PCIEx16 x2 when you decide to go SLI. Just my two cents.

jacobmervine

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
DFI man becuase its been proven that theres very little increase in performacne with the SLIX16 boards so i would say DFI man for one its one of the best overclocking boards and i love mine :p (every asus iv had has either craped out on me in first month or not worked at all but thats just me)

Herr_Fritz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
I am faced with the same choice and still haven't decided between the two. Anyone have any opinions on that 8-phase power Asus is using?

Fritz

iwanabe007

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
I STRONGLY recommend the DFI Expert. It's the board I use, and I had to decide between the same two models. I work in a PC repair/sales shop. Of the new Asus boards, 4 out of 5 that we received in our first couple shipments were sent back to Asus, DOA. Ever since then, about 1/2 of the boards that Asus sends us is DOA. If you talk to other techs across the country, they all say the same thing: half are DOA and many of the rest die after a couple months of usage. Asus usually makes a rock-solid performer (I've owned 3 or 4 of their previous mobos), but this latest generation of boards is nothing but problems, really.
The DFI has been very fast and really reliable since day 1. No problems, no issues, just awesome performance