How to Lock Down Server's Program Manager

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I've installed ts on a 2003 windows server. Installed applications. All is
working well. I need to lock down
the terminal server so the clients can only access/run the
applications(icons) on the desktop. I don't want users having access to
anything other then these applications.
No access to the start menu, etc.

What is the "best preactice" method for accomplishing this?

Thank you,

zaw

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Use a Group Policy to redirect your users to a customized Desktop
folder, Start Menu, etc.
Lock down the file system with NTFS permissions and hide the local
drives in the server.

Locking Down Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Sessions
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/tec
hnologies/terminal/trmlckd.mspx

Another option is to use Software Restriction:

Using Software Restriction Policies to Protect Against
Unauthorized Software
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/rstrplcy.asp

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"zaw" <threewise@comcast.net> wrote on 22 nov 2004 in