Closing Down Background Tasks

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

When I am running FS9 it occasionally causes my computer to reboot.I
seem to recall a program that would allow you to close down all
non-essential background programs to allow my poor overworked processor
to concentrate solely on running FS9. Can anyone enlighten me as to the
name of the program?

Pete

On 28 Mar 2005 12:32:32 -0800, "Pete" <piperwarrior5@hotmail.com>
postulated :
>When I am running FS9 it occasionally causes my computer to reboot.I
>seem to recall a program that would allow you to close down all
>non-essential background programs to allow my poor overworked processor
>to concentrate solely on running FS9. Can anyone enlighten me as to the
>name of the program?
>
>Pete

It's called FSAutoStart. I've had it too long to remember where I
downloaded it from. If no one has the answer ping me at
billSPAM27612 at yahoo dot com (do the obvious) and I'll send you a
copy.

Yes, it's FSAutoStart and it's jolly good.
Available I believe on AVSIM.
Worth noting it'll also start up any extra modules - like ActiveSky.

Dave
potterAIR 737-800

There are several such programs. The one I use is called 'Enditall' by Neil
J Rubenking and produced by Ziff Davis Media Inc. You can Google it easily
and it's free...

Cheers,

Quilly

http://www.kensalter.com/fsautostart/