Closing Down Background Tasks

When I am running FS9 it occasionally causes my computer to reboot.I
seem to recall a program that would allow you to close down all
non-essential background programs to allow my poor overworked processor
to concentrate solely on running FS9. Can anyone enlighten me as to the
name of the program?

Pete
5 answers Last reply
More about closing background tasks

    Thanx Guys.....Jobs a good 'un!!

    Pete

    On 28 Mar 2005 12:32:32 -0800, "Pete" <piperwarrior5@hotmail.com>
    postulated :
    >When I am running FS9 it occasionally causes my computer to reboot.I
    >seem to recall a program that would allow you to close down all
    >non-essential background programs to allow my poor overworked processor
    >to concentrate solely on running FS9. Can anyone enlighten me as to the
    >name of the program?
    >
    >Pete

    It's called FSAutoStart. I've had it too long to remember where I
    downloaded it from. If no one has the answer ping me at
    billSPAM27612 at yahoo dot com (do the obvious) and I'll send you a
    copy.

    Yes, it's FSAutoStart and it's jolly good.
    Available I believe on AVSIM.
    Worth noting it'll also start up any extra modules - like ActiveSky.

    Dave
    potterAIR 737-800

    There are several such programs. The one I use is called 'Enditall' by Neil
    J Rubenking and produced by Ziff Davis Media Inc. You can Google it easily
    and it's free...

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    http://www.kensalter.com/fsautostart/