Problems connecting to terminal server from windows XP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi,
I've installed in my windows xp pro, some tools from the windows server 2003
administrations tools pack. When i try to connect from remote deskop to my
windows 2000 terminal server, the server disconnect me.

What can i do to solve this problem ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

The Remote Desktops utility from the Windows 2003 AdminPak tries to
connect to the console session (session 0) by default. This is not
possible with a W2K Terminal Server. Try to uncheck the checkbox
"Connect to console session".

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8gQmFyYm9zYQ==?="
<PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 29 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Hi,
> I've installed in my windows xp pro, some tools from the windows
> server 2003 administrations tools pack. When i try to connect
> from remote deskop to my windows 2000 terminal server, the
> server disconnect me.
>
> What can i do to solve this problem ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi,

The event viewer of the windows 2000 server has the following error message :
"The terminal server cannot issue a client license."
The error appears every time i try to connect.

I don't know if it is important but the domain controller it's a Windows
2003 enterprise editions, and the terminal servers are windows 2000 server.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> The Remote Desktops utility from the Windows 2003 AdminPak tries to
> connect to the console session (session 0) by default. This is not
> possible with a W2K Terminal Server. Try to uncheck the checkbox
> "Connect to console session".
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8gQmFyYm9zYQ==?="
> <PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 29 nov 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>
> > Hi,
> > I've installed in my windows xp pro, some tools from the windows
> > server 2003 administrations tools pack. When i try to connect
> > from remote deskop to my windows 2000 terminal server, the
> > server disconnect me.
> >
> > What can i do to solve this problem ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Where is your TS Licensing Server running?
Have you verified that the W2K TS can locate the LS?

--

<PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 30 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Hi,
>
> The event viewer of the windows 2000 server has the following
> error message : "The terminal server cannot issue a client
> license." The error appears every time i try to connect.
>
> I don't know if it is important but the domain controller it's a
> Windows 2003 enterprise editions, and the terminal servers are
> windows 2000 server.
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The Remote Desktops utility from the Windows 2003 AdminPak
>> tries to connect to the console session (session 0) by default.
>> This is not possible with a W2K Terminal Server. Try to uncheck
>> the checkbox "Connect to console session".
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8gQmFyYm9zYQ==?="
>> <PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 29 nov 2004
>> in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I've installed in my windows xp pro, some tools from the
>> > windows server 2003 administrations tools pack. When i try to
>> > connect from remote deskop to my windows 2000 terminal
>> > server, the server disconnect me.
>> >
>> > What can i do to solve this problem ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I don't have a TS licensing server. I've changed the DC from windows 2000
server to Windows 2003 enterprise editions recently because of the memory's
server and the version of my sql server. Do i have to had a TS licensing
server with Windows 2003 enterprise editions ?

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Where is your TS Licensing Server running?
> Have you verified that the W2K TS can locate the LS?
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8gQmFyYm9zYQ==?="
> <PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 30 nov 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > The event viewer of the windows 2000 server has the following
> > error message : "The terminal server cannot issue a client
> > license." The error appears every time i try to connect.
> >
> > I don't know if it is important but the domain controller it's a
> > Windows 2003 enterprise editions, and the terminal servers are
> > windows 2000 server.
> >

> > "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> The Remote Desktops utility from the Windows 2003 AdminPak
> >> tries to connect to the console session (session 0) by default.
> >> This is not possible with a W2K Terminal Server. Try to uncheck
> >> the checkbox "Connect to console session".
> >>
> >> --
> >> Vera Noest
> >> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> >> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> >> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
> >>
> >> "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8gQmFyYm9zYQ==?="
> >> <PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 29 nov 2004
> >> in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

When you have a Terminal Server (doesn't matter on which OS), you
must also have a TS Licensing Server, running on the same OS or
higher.

In your case, I would install the TS Licensing Services (only TS
LS, no need to install Terminal Services itself) on your 2003
Domain Controller. A 2003 TS Licensing Server can handle both W2K
and 2003 TS CALs. Your W2K Terminal Server will detect it
automatically and start to hand out free TS CALs to your W2K and
XP Pro clients, *when they connect to a W2K TS*. If you decide to
upgrade your W2K TS to 2003 TS, you must buy and install 2003 TS
CALs.

--

<PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 01 dec 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> I don't have a TS licensing server. I've changed the DC from
> windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 enterprise editions recently
> because of the memory's server and the version of my sql server.
> Do i have to had a TS licensing server with Windows 2003
> enterprise editions ?
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Where is your TS Licensing Server running?
>> Have you verified that the W2K TS can locate the LS?
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8gQmFyYm9zYQ==?="
>> <PauloBarbosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 30 nov 2004
>> in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>>

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The event viewer of the windows 2000 server has the following
>> > error message : "The terminal server cannot issue a client
>> > license." The error appears every time i try to connect.
>> >
>> > I don't know if it is important but the domain controller
>> > it's a Windows 2003 enterprise editions, and the terminal
>> > servers are windows 2000 server.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hello.
After instalation of TS Licensing Server, everything come to normal.
Thank you for your help.