Is this a good DVD Burner?

I'm about to buy the BenQ DW1655 with Lightscribe and I'm wondering if it is a good DVD Burner. Anyone has heard bad things about it or had any problems with it?

Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about good burner
  1. Hey

I haven't heard anything sepcific about that one but Benq have a good rep in dvd writers.

But most importantly what do u need it to do? Like burning mass 8GB movies to dual layer disks or just backing up small files?

sosodef
  2. actually mine came in the mail yesterday! Works perfectly well -- I've burned a load of CDs already haven't burn DVD yet but seems to be perfect. BTW, i got mine from zipzoomfly with free 2 day shipping. Newegg has a mail in rebate -- which suck; so I got it from zipzoomfly. Get the retail version since it comes with free Nero and is like $4 more.
  3. Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, I wanted a burner that could burn double layer, regular - and + DVDs plus CDs, especially audio ones. I also wanted a drive that was silent and fast when reading a disc, kind of long burning time was no problem.

Well I actually went ahead and bought the DW1655, so far it's been working great. It is very silent and it burns quickly. I did get the retail version, Nero 6.x seems very complete. I need to look more into it and read the manual, same thing for the lightscribe feature. Overall and so far I'm happy with it.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers BenQ DVD Burner Storage