Lost/unknown administrator password

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 2, 2004 3:45:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I recently added an account, in doing so, there is only the administrator
account and the new user account. The new user account does NOT have
administrator rights, and I have no idea how to log on the administrator, as
I was not furnished a password. Any suggestions would be helpful and
appreciated.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 9:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

The official word on this is that you should just rebuild the system with a
new image of the OS.

Having said that, try this:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

-M