Win2003 Term Server w/ Quickbooks

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Anyone got Quickbooks running in a 2003 Term Server enviroment? I've seen
some posts where people got QB running on Win 2000 Term Servers and have
tried the Registry edits and permissions changes suggested with no success.
Any advice?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Depends on the version of Quickbooks.
Have you checked this:

QuickBooks installation issues
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT/TS_apps_QB.htm

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Brian" <email@bogusdomain.com> wrote on 17 jan 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Anyone got Quickbooks running in a 2003 Term Server enviroment?
> I've seen some posts where people got QB running on Win 2000
> Term Servers and have tried the Registry edits and permissions
> changes suggested with no success. Any advice?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Yes I have used that exact document. It refrences TS on Windows 2000.
There are a number of changes in security defaults and I was wondering if
anyone had Quickbooks running on a 2003 server.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Depends on the version of Quickbooks.
> Have you checked this:
>
> QuickBooks installation issues
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT/TS_apps_QB.htm
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Brian" <email@bogusdomain.com> wrote on 17 jan 2005 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>
>> Anyone got Quickbooks running in a 2003 Term Server enviroment?
>> I've seen some posts where people got QB running on Win 2000
>> Term Servers and have tried the Registry edits and permissions
>> changes suggested with no success. Any advice?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Yes, we have successfully installed QB on a 2003 Server, for both the
regular version and Premier. These are Canadian versions, don't know if
that makes a difference,

Chris

Chris Williamson
Market Web Solutions Inc.
************************************
#208, 12306 Jasper Ave.
Edmonton, Alberta CANADA T5N 3K5
Tel: (780) 447-5687 Fax: (780) 451-6387
Toll Free: (866) 220-3370 Cell: (780) 235-1346

Website: http://www.marketweb.ca

"Brian" <email@bogusdomain.com> wrote in message
> Yes I have used that exact document. It refrences TS on Windows 2000.
> There are a number of changes in security defaults and I was wondering if
> anyone had Quickbooks running on a 2003 server.
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> > Depends on the version of Quickbooks.
> > Have you checked this:
> >
> > QuickBooks installation issues
> > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT/TS_apps_QB.htm
> >
> > --
> > Vera Noest
> > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
> >
> > "Brian" <email@bogusdomain.com> wrote on 17 jan 2005 in
> > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
> >
> >> Anyone got Quickbooks running in a 2003 Term Server enviroment?
> >> I've seen some posts where people got QB running on Win 2000
> >> Term Servers and have tried the Registry edits and permissions
> >> changes suggested with no success. Any advice?

TRENDING THREADS