After installing SP2 I can no longet connect to wireless n..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 26, 2005 1:15:01 AM

As soon as I installed SP2 I could no longet connect to my wireless network.
It telle me my "key" is wrong but my network does not have a key. I do not
have any security on the network but for some reason after installing SP2 it
thinks it does. I tried puting security on it and taking it off but it
doesn't matter. It is a Microsoft wireless Network.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 26, 2005 4:20:01 PM

"Dave2ta" wrote:

Hi

I had the same problem - don't know if this will help but give it a try:

My wireless adapter is internal (Centrino) and in my frustration of not
being able to get my wireless to work I uninstalled the driver for the
wireless modem. I couldn't figure out how to re-install it as I hadn't got
the CD Rom drivers for the computer so, thninking I'd screwed up, I tried the
classic turn it off and turn it on again. The computer automatically
re-installed the dirver and now my wireless connection works fine.

I don't know if it will work for you, but if you are feeling brave, give it
a go!

Hope this helps
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 27, 2005 11:10:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. I did try to re-install the software but that didn't
help. I turned off the firewall also. I have a Microsoft network and card. I
have two other computers in the house and they work fine so I know the
network itself is OK. I may have to get a new card but I just hate to do
that...

"willow" wrote:

> "Dave2ta" wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I had the same problem - don't know if this will help but give it a try:
>
> My wireless adapter is internal (Centrino) and in my frustration of not
> being able to get my wireless to work I uninstalled the driver for the
> wireless modem. I couldn't figure out how to re-install it as I hadn't got
> the CD Rom drivers for the computer so, thninking I'd screwed up, I tried the
> classic turn it off and turn it on again. The computer automatically
> re-installed the dirver and now my wireless connection works fine.
>
> I don't know if it will work for you, but if you are feeling brave, give it
> a go!
>
> Hope this helps

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 29, 2005 5:45:37 PM

"Dave2ta" <Dave2ta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply. I did try to re-install the software but that
> didn't
> help. I turned off the firewall also. I have a Microsoft network and
> card. I
> have two other computers in the house and they work fine so I know the
> network itself is OK. I may have to get a new card but I just hate to
> do
> that...
>
> "willow" wrote:
>

>> "Dave2ta" wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I had the same problem - don't know if this will help but give it a
>> try:
>>
>> My wireless adapter is internal (Centrino) and in my frustration of
>> not
>> being able to get my wireless to work I uninstalled the driver for
>> the
>> wireless modem. I couldn't figure out how to re-install it as I
>> hadn't got
>> the CD Rom drivers for the computer so, thninking I'd screwed up, I
>> tried the
>> classic turn it off and turn it on again. The computer automatically
>> re-installed the dirver and now my wireless connection works fine.
>>
>> I don't know if it will work for you, but if you are feeling brave,
>> give it
>> a go!
>>
>> Hope this helps

Open the TCP/IP properties of the wireless connection, Advanced button,
Options tab, TCP/IP filtering button, check that the ports/protocols are
"Permit All". If they are "Permit Only", it will kill the connection.