Connection ended, problem with license protocol

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi,

having a Terminal Server with 10 licenses installed. All computers can
connect to the Terminal Server, except 1. When trying to connect to the TS
I get the following error:

The external computer has ended the connection beacuse of a problem in the
license protocol.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With regards / Saludos,
Moviat Automatisering

Maurice Mertens
mauricem@moviat_KillSpamWordForEMail.nl

tel: +31 162 470 534
fax: +31 162 470 502

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

Can you post the EventID and Source from the EventLog on the Terminal
Server?

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

Maurice Mertens <hmoviat@nospam.nospam> wrote on 10 feb 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Hi,
>
> having a Terminal Server with 10 licenses installed. All
> computers can connect to the Terminal Server, except 1. When
> trying to connect to the TS I get the following error:
>
> The external computer has ended the connection beacuse of a
> problem in the license protocol.
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

Hi Vera,

this is the eventlog:

EventID: 1004
Source: TermService

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in

> Can you post the EventID and Source from the EventLog on the Terminal
> Server?
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> Maurice Mertens <hmoviat@nospam.nospam> wrote on 10 feb 2005 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> having a Terminal Server with 10 licenses installed. All
>> computers can connect to the Terminal Server, except 1. When
>> trying to connect to the TS I get the following error:
>>
>> The external computer has ended the connection beacuse of a
>> problem in the license protocol.
>>
>> Can anyone help me with this problem?

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With regards / Saludos,
Moviat Automatisering

Maurice Mertens
mauricem@moviat_KillSpamWordForEMail.nl

tel: +31 162 470 534
fax: +31 162 470 502

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

Try to delete the license key from the registry of the client.

187614 - Removing Terminal Server Licenses from an RDP Client
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187614

--

Maurice Mertens <hmoviat@nospam.nospam> wrote on 11 feb 2005 in

> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187614

Hi Vera,

thanks for the answer. This was the right solution!