Connection ended, problem with license protocol

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi,

having a Terminal Server with 10 licenses installed. All computers can
connect to the Terminal Server, except 1. When trying to connect to the TS
I get the following error:

The external computer has ended the connection beacuse of a problem in the
license protocol.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With regards / Saludos,
Moviat Automatisering

Maurice Mertens
mauricem@moviat_KillSpamWordForEMail.nl

tel: +31 162 470 534
fax: +31 162 470 502
5 answers Last reply
More about connection ended problem license protocol
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

    Can you post the EventID and Source from the EventLog on the Terminal
    Server?

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    Maurice Mertens <hmoviat@nospam.nospam> wrote on 10 feb 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

    > Hi,
    >
    > having a Terminal Server with 10 licenses installed. All
    > computers can connect to the Terminal Server, except 1. When
    > trying to connect to the TS I get the following error:
    >
    > The external computer has ended the connection beacuse of a
    > problem in the license protocol.
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this problem?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

    Hi Vera,

    this is the eventlog:

    EventID: 1004
    Source: TermService

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in

    > Can you post the EventID and Source from the EventLog on the Terminal
    > Server?
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >
    > Maurice Mertens <hmoviat@nospam.nospam> wrote on 10 feb 2005 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> having a Terminal Server with 10 licenses installed. All
    >> computers can connect to the Terminal Server, except 1. When
    >> trying to connect to the TS I get the following error:
    >>
    >> The external computer has ended the connection beacuse of a
    >> problem in the license protocol.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me with this problem?

    --
    Met vriendelijke groet / With regards / Saludos,
    Moviat Automatisering

    Maurice Mertens
    mauricem@moviat_KillSpamWordForEMail.nl

    tel: +31 162 470 534
    fax: +31 162 470 502
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

    Try to delete the license key from the registry of the client.

    187614 - Removing Terminal Server Licenses from an RDP Client
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187614

    --

    Maurice Mertens <hmoviat@nospam.nospam> wrote on 11 feb 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

    > Hi Vera,
    >
    > this is the eventlog:
    >
    > EventID: 1004
    > Source: TermService
    >

    > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
    > in news:Xns95F9EEE29BFD8veranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16:
    >
    >> Can you post the EventID and Source from the EventLog on the
    >> Terminal Server?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Vera Noest
    >> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    >> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    >> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >>
    >> Maurice Mertens <hmoviat@nospam.nospam> wrote on 10 feb 2005 in
    >> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> having a Terminal Server with 10 licenses installed. All
    >>> computers can connect to the Terminal Server, except 1. When
    >>> trying to connect to the TS I get the following error:
    >>>
    >>> The external computer has ended the connection beacuse of a
    >>> problem in the license protocol.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me with this problem?
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187614

    Hi Vera,

    thanks for the answer. This was the right solution!

    --
    Met vriendelijke groet / With regards / Saludos,
    Moviat Automatisering

    Maurice Mertens
    mauricem@moviat_KillSpamWordForEMail.nl

    tel: +31 162 470 534
    fax: +31 162 470 502
  5. Hi - I have the same issue connecting to a Windows 2000 Server. I tried all the advice I found on the internet and even from Microsoft > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187614 with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions (I am out of options) please email me at svega@inbox.com. Thanks

Connection Microsoft Terminal Server Windows