Access continually installing.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hello all. I have reinstalled office onto my terminal server. (Windows
2000 Terminal Server)

Every time I click on an office Icon, Office appears to be reinstalling.

When I do this an entry is added to the application log;

Source: MsiInstaller
EventID: 11728

Description
Product Microsoft office 2000 SR-1 professional - configuration completed
successfully.

Any Idea's why this is happening and how to fix it?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Was the Terminal Server in insatll mode when you installed Office?
Did you use the transform file from the Resource Kit?

224313 - How to Install Office 2000 on Windows 2000 Terminal Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224313

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Chris" <a@b.com> wrote on 22 feb 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Hello all. I have reinstalled office onto my terminal server.
> (Windows 2000 Terminal Server)
>
> Every time I click on an office Icon, Office appears to be
> reinstalling.
>
> When I do this an entry is added to the application log;
>
> Source: MsiInstaller
> EventID: 11728
>
> Description
> Product Microsoft office 2000 SR-1 professional - configuration
> completed successfully.
>
> Any Idea's why this is happening and how to fix it?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Yes, It was installed in install mode. Office was insalled via add remove
programs with the transforms path with the mst from the resource kit.

The Terminal server is in remote administration mode.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Was the Terminal Server in insatll mode when you installed Office?
> Did you use the transform file from the Resource Kit?
>
> 224313 - How to Install Office 2000 on Windows 2000 Terminal Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224313
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Chris" <a@b.com> wrote on 22 feb 2005 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
>
> > Hello all. I have reinstalled office onto my terminal server.
> > (Windows 2000 Terminal Server)
> >
> > Every time I click on an office Icon, Office appears to be
> > reinstalling.
> >
> > When I do this an entry is added to the application log;
> >
> > Source: MsiInstaller
> > EventID: 11728
> >
> > Description
> > Product Microsoft office 2000 SR-1 professional - configuration
> > completed successfully.
> >
> > Any Idea's why this is happening and how to fix it?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

In Remote Administration mode? But then it isn't a Terminal Server,
and you shouldn't need install mode or the transform file either.

Install mode and the transform file are needed to ensure multi-user
capabilities in Office.

From the referenced KB article:
The following assumptions about your configuration are assumed
before you install Office 2000:
You have Terminal Services installed and enabled. You must
configure the Terminal Services mode to be in Application Server
mode in order for multiple terminal server clients to run Microsoft
Office.

--

"Chris" <a@b.com> wrote on 23 feb 2005 in