User account at start up

I am the only user of my computer ..How can I bypass the
request to identify the user account? I want the start up
process to be as fast as possible.

Click Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2", and click Ok. Uncheck
"Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option, and
click Ok.

Common Mistakes to be avoided while using this method:

For Windows XP Home, don't try to auto-login as Administrator. This is
because Windows XP Home Edition does not allow logging in as Administrator
from Normal mode. Once you uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name"
and click OK/Apply, Administrator account name will be displayed in the text
box. Type-in a different user name and password in order to auto-login to
that account.

Take care while entering the password. Typing an incorrect password makes XP
to freeze at startup (during authentication) due to incorrect password and
then displays the Welcome Screen after few seconds.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"djenk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am the only user of my computer ..How can I bypass the
request to identify the user account? I want the start up
process to be as fast as possible.

TRENDING THREADS