Sign in with
Your question

A8N32-SLI Deluxe No Post (yes me to)

Last response: in Motherboards
January 10, 2006 5:43:59 PM

Well this seem to happen more and more... but i cant get past "POST" on my system either. now i have sent in the motherboard a secondtime (already got it replaced once) got a new 2nd board and it started, i managed to install Windows etc but got alot of starnge HD faults, then after aprox 2h system rebooted after a "normal" Windows update... and then "NO POST" no nothing exept all fans were spinning. What the hekk can this be? i have tried all components exept the GFX and PSU on my old mboard (MSI K8N-2Neo FX) and there it works fine. Now i have to decide to either get a new (3rd) Asus A8N32-SLI board, or go for something else.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD XP 64 X2 4400+
Corsair 2x512MB TWINX DDR400
XFX GeForce 7800 GTX
Hiper 580W PSU

PLEASE PLEASE help....

More about : a8n32 sli deluxe post

a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2006 4:34:47 AM

What errors are you getting, specifically?
January 11, 2006 7:57:03 AM

No errors at all, no beep from motherboard, just silence, and no boot screen to bios
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2006 8:23:36 AM

This is like pulling teeth! What errors WERE you getting before the system died?
January 11, 2006 8:38:10 AM

no errors exept that stuff downloaded to the SATA II disk wich is C: couldnt be opened. Other than that no errors whatsoever
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2006 8:48:59 AM

Well, if it sort of worked and now it doesn't, that could be caused by a number of things such as an intermittant short (such as a standoff in the wrong place sitting a very short distance from the board...contacting it), or it could be a failed power supply.

The first thing I'd do is unplug it and reset the BIOS. If it doesn't come up, I'd pull it from the case and put it on a non-conductive surface (I like phone books), connect the power supply, CPU, Graphics, and RAM, and try to start it (I also use a screwdriver to touch the power button pins when a motherboard is outside the case).

If you still don't see anything, I'd get out the digital multimeter and check the voltage on every line from start. If that looks bad, replace the power supply.
January 11, 2006 10:42:22 AM

I'm no computer expert by no means but I do know one who just fixed my problems which were the exact same as yours. What he did was change one of the settings from auto to 4...auto automatically sets this thing to 5 which make loading bios next to impossible...has something to do with the speed...will post back as soon as I find the exact terminology.
January 11, 2006 11:00:33 AM

Sorry I have the premium board...but this solution may work for your board also????
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2006 11:06:46 AM

His first problem is he can't boot at all, that means he can't change the latency values for his memory (from 3 to 4) or his HT bus multiple (from 5 to 4) either. You have to get the system to boot first.
January 11, 2006 8:12:24 PM

I herad there is a key combo like "ALT+F4" that starts the PC in some pre post mode, not sure though this is true?!
January 11, 2006 8:17:08 PM

Quote:
I'm no computer expert by no means but I do know one who just fixed my problems which were the exact same as yours. What he did was change one of the settings from auto to 4...auto automatically sets this thing to 5 which make loading bios next to impossible...has something to do with the speed...will post back as soon as I find the exact terminology.

Please do find out what to change, much appreciated =) incase it happens again
!