Another new option for VATSIM

x-runner mentioned this already -- FSInn is out -- but if you don't
already know what FSInn is -- a French-made alternative to SquawkBox --
you might not guess from the subject header why this is news. Read on:

--- quote ------------------------------------------------------------

VATSIM Notice to Airmen (NOTAM)
Issued by Richard Jenkins (800012), 28-Mar-2005 14:17 UTC

FSINN is the new kid on the block.

The Flight Simulator French Development Team (FSFDT) is happy to
release its Pilot Client software to the VATSIM community. FSFDT, a
team of skilled programmers, with a passion for the Flight Simulator
community has applied their skills and developed FSINN (Flight
Simulator INternet Network). FSINN is a user friendly multiplayer pilot
client software, compatible with the popular SB3 and VATSIM.

Many novice pilots have already participated in thousands of hours of
test and use on a number of private and public test servers.

Some of the many features include: an onboard radar, realistic in
appearance and functionality; single-click-operation for everything
from connecting to VATSIM to bringing up any of the other features;
user definable keys for any feature such as the ATC, radar, chat,
flight plan, etc.

One click and you're online flying with VATSIM. Another click and
you're seeing all the aircraft within 400 miles of you on the radar.

The team developed a new technology to add extremely smooth motion
which can refresh the position up to 40 times a second in its
selectable peer to peer mode. They also incorporated a very powerful
weather engine.

The whole interface has a natural and expected flow, where the novice
user surprisingly already knows what to do. A veteran will enjoy the
continued, "As Real as It Gets", theme in design.

Grab the client at:

DOWNLOAD:

Paris, France :
Paris, France :
Milano, Italy :
Nürnberg, Germany :
San Francisco, CA :
Houston, TX :
Oakland, New Zealand :

william

Yes I tried this one today and so far its very good. One plus is the
integrated radar/tcas. Gonna do more flying and see how it pans out.
Installation was easy and no problems connecting.

Two good choices for simmers and then of course IVAO has IvaP which is also
very good.

Bill

"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
message news:1112052795.4130@forums.simradar.com...

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:34:02 -0600, David Wilson-Okamura wrote:

> x-runner mentioned this already -- FSInn is out -- but if you don't
> already know what FSInn is -- a French-made alternative to SquawkBox --
> you might not guess from the subject header why this is news. Read on:
<snip>

I noticed that on the VATSIM website yesterday.
It sounds waaaay too good to be true.

And now I've got this dillema: leave SB3 for what it is and try out FSInn,
or stay with the reliability of SB3.
SB2.3 was, IMHO, a disaster to use since one needed a few other programs
to actually join a session. Now SB3 is here, it's complete, it installs
easy, it's fairly easy to use (from what I can tell) and it connects
without a problem.

I'm sorry....what was my point again? :))

--

Marcel
(...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

william

"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:34:02 -0600, David Wilson-Okamura wrote:
>
>> x-runner mentioned this already -- FSInn is out -- but if you don't
>> already know what FSInn is -- a French-made alternative to SquawkBox --
>> you might not guess from the subject header why this is news. Read on:
> <snip>
>
> I noticed that on the VATSIM website yesterday.
> It sounds waaaay too good to be true.
>
> And now I've got this dillema: leave SB3 for what it is and try out FSInn,
> or stay with the reliability of SB3.
> SB2.3 was, IMHO, a disaster to use since one needed a few other programs
> to actually join a session. Now SB3 is here, it's complete, it installs
> easy, it's fairly easy to use (from what I can tell) and it connects
> without a problem.
>
> I'm sorry....what was my point again? :))
>
> --
>
> Marcel
> (...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

Marcel I have both installed without conflict and trying both before I
decide on the one that suits me best. For me it seems SB3 has the slight
edge in voice and frame rate performance. And on top of that I also have
IvaP installed from IVAO which is an excellent program.
They all coexist without problems

Bill

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

> Marcel I have both installed without conflict and trying both before I
> decide on the one that suits me best. For me it seems SB3 has the slight
> edge in voice and frame rate performance. And on top of that I also have
> IvaP installed from IVAO which is an excellent program.
> They all coexist without problems
>
> Bill

I ahev found that SB3 is stable on my system and although I like the
interface of FSINN, its operation on Vatsim is highly unstable, however it
seems OK when used on a LAN or internet connection i.e. not Vatsim.
Cannot comment on the IVAO system as I have not experienced it. Oh wouldn't
it be nice if the differences between the two systems could be resolved.
Not so much an issue for those o/s Europe but when viewed in servinfo -
Vatsim is pretty empty in France, Spain, Italy but busy elsewhere, IVAO is
busy those 3 countries but quiet elsewhere.

Hi Studmuffin,

Ohhh - you were making a point???

Fair dinkum, you non-Fighter pilot types....!!! :)))

Regards,
John Ward

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:37:42 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> And now I've got this dillema: leave SB3 for what it is and try out FSInn,
> or stay with the reliability of SB3.
> SB2.3 was, IMHO, a disaster to use since one needed a few other programs
> to actually join a session. Now SB3 is here, it's complete, it installs
> easy, it's fairly easy to use (from what I can tell) and it connects
> without a problem.

But does it have active RADAR display built in?

Note: I have both but don't have time to install either one at the
moment... too much WORK to do with five active projects under development!
;)

Bill

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:22:40 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Fair dinkum, you non-Fighter pilot types....!!! :)))

All that can change, ya know. ;-)

--

Marcel
(When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:32:28 -0500, Bill Leaming wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:37:42 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>
>> And now I've got this dillema: leave SB3 for what it is and try out FSInn,
>> or stay with the reliability of SB3.
>> SB2.3 was, IMHO, a disaster to use since one needed a few other programs
>> to actually join a session. Now SB3 is here, it's complete, it installs
>> easy, it's fairly easy to use (from what I can tell) and it connects
>> without a problem.
>
> But does it have active RADAR display built in?

No.
But that's the only downside I think.

> Note: I have both but don't have time to install either one at the
> moment... too much WORK to do with five active projects under development!
> ;)

Oh come on, Bill....ditch it and come out and fly.
All work and no play makes Billy a dull boy, you know?

--

Marcel
(That's no moon...it's a space station!)

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:29:50 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> Oh come on, Bill....ditch it and come out and fly.
> All work and no play makes Billy a dull boy, you know?

All play and no work would leave Billy homeless, destitute and...

Hm, I'd better stop there.

Billy, L'Enfant Terrible et Incorrigible

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> And now I've got this dillema: leave SB3 for what it is and try out FSInn,
> or stay with the reliability of SB3.
> SB2.3 was, IMHO, a disaster to use since one needed a few other programs
> to actually join a session. Now SB3 is here, it's complete, it installs
> easy, it's fairly easy to use (from what I can tell) and it connects
> without a problem.
>
> I'm sorry....what was my point again? :))

You were answering my question. :) OK, maybe not.

Question. I installed SB3 and it never would run. Comes up with a
message saying something like the fsuipc module is incorrect or
something like that. I have the latest fsuipc and it seems ok. So I
un-installed SB3 in the ADD/Remove Programs section but I still get that
message about SB3 can't load. I also am getting "out of available
memory" shortly after I start FS9 and if I try to fly in Germany the
error comes up before Germany can load. FS9 quits.

I thought I saw a message some time ago talking about something similar
but can't find anything.

If you happen to know, how do I get rid of SB3 and any ideas why the
"out of memory" error is coming up every flight.

I de-fragged
chkdisk
Full virus scan.
Adaware check
Spybot check.
Loaded FS9 with AutoStart (A great program)
Deleted FS9.CFG and re-built a new one
Have not installed FS9 over the current one yet. Have to get straight
the updates first.
Went back and re-downloaded SB3 to make sure I had the latest.

I know I did more but can't remember now. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:01:27 GMT, runner_x wrote:

> get fsinn www.mcdu.com

Alright....we get your point already!
You're hopelessly in love and devoted with FSInn.

But your not helping boB.

--

Marcel
(Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:52:27 GMT, boB wrote:

> Question. I installed SB3 and it never would run. Comes up with a
> message saying something like the fsuipc module is incorrect or
> something like that. I have the latest fsuipc and it seems ok. So I
> un-installed SB3 in the ADD/Remove Programs section but I still get that
> message about SB3 can't load. I also am getting "out of available
> memory" shortly after I start FS9 and if I try to fly in Germany the
> error comes up before Germany can load. FS9 quits.

That's odd!
For the first time in a long time I finally have something that runs like a
charm. And it seems that ol' Downloader has met his match with SB3.

I think I'm still running the simple freeware version of FSUIPC, but it
seems to work fine. Which version are you using?
You might want to get another version of FSUPIC before doing the below
mentioned actions.

> If you happen to know, how do I get rid of SB3 and any ideas why the
> "out of memory" error is coming up every flight.

Get rid of the entire map and make sure you also delete the keys from the
register. (START=>RUN=> type in REGEDIT)
(back up your registery first!!!)

There are a whole bunch of keys in there:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER => SOFTWARE => LEVEL 27 TECHNOLOGIES

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => SOFTWARE => LEVEL 27 TECHNOLOGIES
and also in MICROSOFT => WINDOWS => CURRENT VERSION => UNINSTALL =>
SQUAWKBOX3

HKEY_USERS => S-1-5-21-299502267 (long list of numers following that) =>
SOFTWARE => LEVEL 27 TECHNOLOGIES

Delete all the folders named "LEVEL 27 TECHNOLOGIES", install FSUIPC,
re-install SB3 and see if that works.

If it doesn't maybe there's some "rocket scientist" here with another
solution.

--

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 23:36:13 -0500, Bill Leaming wrote:

> All play and no work would leave Billy homeless, destitute and...

Bored?

--

Marcel
(There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:52:27 GMT, boB wrote:
>

>>Question. I installed SB3 and it never would run. Comes up with a
>>message saying something like the fsuipc module is incorrect or
>>something like that. I have the latest fsuipc and it seems ok. So I
>>un-installed SB3 in the ADD/Remove Programs section but I still get that
>>message about SB3 can't load. I also am getting "out of available
>>memory" shortly after I start FS9 and if I try to fly in Germany the
>>error comes up before Germany can load. FS9 quits.
>

> That's odd!
> For the first time in a long time I finally have something that runs like a
> charm. And it seems that ol' Downloader has met his match with SB3.
>
> I think I'm still running the simple freeware version of FSUIPC, but it
> seems to work fine. Which version are you using?
> You might want to get another version of FSUPIC before doing the below
> mentioned actions.

I installed 4.45 which was the newest at Peters web page when last I
checked, but now see he had 3.47 listed now. I will try that one later
on today.

>>If you happen to know, how do I get rid of SB3 and any ideas why the
>>"out of memory" error is coming up every flight.
>

> Get rid of the entire map and make sure you also delete the keys from the
> register. (START=>RUN=> type in REGEDIT)
> (back up your registery first!!!)

Thanks Marcel. As soon as I have enough coffee to steady my eyes I'll
see what happens. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:08:22 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 23:36:13 -0500, Bill Leaming wrote:
>
>> All play and no work would leave Billy homeless, destitute and...
>
> Bored?

Nah, what word rhymes with destitute and allows folks to make money... ;)

Bill

There is a very comprehensive Support Forum
here:http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=f6ed2602507729e47ccaec2f322e7875

I am sure that someone else had the same problem , and it was fixed ( from
memory ) by rolling back to an earlier version of FSUIPC.

Ross

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:52:27 GMT, boB wrote:
>>

>>>Question. I installed SB3 and it never would run. Comes up with a
>>>message saying something like the fsuipc module is incorrect or something
>>>like that. I have the latest fsuipc and it seems ok. So I un-installed
>>>SB3 in the ADD/Remove Programs section but I still get that message about
>>>SB3 can't load. I also am getting "out of available memory" shortly
>>>after I start FS9 and if I try to fly in Germany the error comes up
>>>before Germany can load. FS9 quits.
>>

>> That's odd!
>> For the first time in a long time I finally have something that runs like
>> charm. And it seems that ol' Downloader has met his match with SB3.
>>
>> I think I'm still running the simple freeware version of FSUIPC, but it
>> seems to work fine. Which version are you using?
>> You might want to get another version of FSUPIC before doing the below
>> mentioned actions.
>>

> I installed 4.45 which was the newest at Peters web page when last I
> checked, but now see he had 3.47 listed now. I will try that one later on
> today.
>

>>>If you happen to know, how do I get rid of SB3 and any ideas why the "out
>>>of memory" error is coming up every flight.
>>

>> Get rid of the entire map and make sure you also delete the keys from the
>> register. (START=>RUN=> type in REGEDIT)
>> (back up your registery first!!!)
>>

> Thanks Marcel. As soon as I have enough coffee to steady my eyes I'll see
> what happens. :)
>

> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

QVA08 wrote:

> There is a very comprehensive Support Forum
> here:http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=f6ed2602507729e47ccaec2f322e7875
>
> I am sure that someone else had the same problem , and it was fixed ( from
> memory ) by rolling back to an earlier version of FSUIPC.
>
> Ross

Thanks Ross. I'll go lurking for a bit.

--

boB