Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

When possible I like to save downloaded applications then install them
later. They usually save as installxx.ext or similar.
How can I install the application in such a way that they show up on the
add/delete menu for future deletion if needed. It appears that only programs
installed via a drive is added to this list. Uninstalling them by simply
deleting them from disk leaves behind trash and register settings.
SG

Hi,

Download the files and then save them to the hard disk. do not run directly
from the web.

and some programs were not written perfectly to be uninstalled complely.
most setup programs leave behind a trash.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com

"Shakey" wrote:

> When possible I like to save downloaded applications then install them
> later. They usually save as installxx.ext or similar.
> How can I install the application in such a way that they show up on the
> add/delete menu for future deletion if needed. It appears that only programs
> installed via a drive is added to this list. Uninstalling them by simply
> deleting them from disk leaves behind trash and register settings.
> SG

bc4

"M. Rajesh" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Download the files and then save them to the hard disk. do not run directly
> from the web.
>
> and some programs were not written perfectly to be uninstalled complely.
> most setup programs leave behind a trash.
>
> Regards
> M. Rajesh
> .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> www.winxpsolution.com
>
> "Shakey" wrote:
>
> > When possible I like to save downloaded applications then install them
> > later. They usually save as installxx.ext or similar.
> > How can I install the application in such a way that they show up on the
> > add/delete menu for future deletion if needed. It appears that only programs
> > installed via a drive is added to this list. Uninstalling them by simply
> > deleting them from disk leaves behind trash and register settings.
> > SG

bc4

Hi M
Having problems finding an accessories file for Calculator - it was not
installed, when i installed XP professional - could you help me with this?

Many thanks
BC

BC wrote:
> Hi M
> Having problems finding an accessories file for Calculator - it was
> not installed, when i installed XP professional - could you help me
> with this?
>
> Many thanks
> BC

Why are you hijacking someone else's thread instead of starting a new one?
No-one is going to see your post here.

lose his marbles?