"SP2" for XP Home CD?

When/where will one be able to order SP2 on CD to be mailed??

I think such a huge update assumes far to much from the average user.. like
broadband connection. I do have DSL, but am traveling for several weeks and
am now posting over a 33.6 connection (noisey phone line) Even 80 Meg (I
maunally run Wupdate every week) is unlikely to reach completion on a
connection like this. There must be thousands in exactly the same
situation.

Hi,

Please refer to this site. however it is not ready to be ordered but you can
check back now and then to see if it is available for ordering.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com

"WindowsXP-he" wrote:

> When/where will one be able to order SP2 on CD to be mailed??
>
> I think such a huge update assumes far to much from the average user.. like
> broadband connection. I do have DSL, but am traveling for several weeks and
> am now posting over a 33.6 connection (noisey phone line) Even 80 Meg (I
> maunally run Wupdate every week) is unlikely to reach completion on a
> connection like this. There must be thousands in exactly the same
> situation.

maybe if you use windows to the extent that you're talking about, you might
want to consider upgrading to win xp pro?

pittspeed wrote:
> maybe if you use windows to the extent that you're talking about, you
> might want to consider upgrading to win xp pro?

And how is that going to help the OP increase the speed of their internet
connection. My mother uses Windows a lot, but she's happy with 2000, why on
earth does the amount of time someone spends using Windows mean that they
need to upgrade? I fail to follow your logic (because there isn't any!)
lose his marbles?

I did quite understand that either... lol

But on a different subject, after reading the SP2 info pages I wondered
about the statement in "10 reasons" that reads...
"Help protect your e-mail address. Improvements to Outlook Express help
reduce unwanted e-mail by limiting the possibility of your e-mail address
being validated by potential spammers."

I assume one has to OPEN these emails for the mailer to validate your
address. I am thinking html formatted with embedded images or some other
html element is the means. Obviously, just them reaching my ISP without a
non-delivery receipt can't be blocked by my mail client.

"pittspeed" <turbovw18@hotmail.com> wrote:

>maybe if you use windows to the extent that you're talking about, you might
>want to consider upgrading to win xp pro?

Why?

There is zero different in performance or stability between the two
versions. The differences consist of certain features and
functionalities that are found only in the Pro version, and unless
there is a need to have at least one of these specific features or
functionalities there is zero advantage or benefit in upgrading to
Pro.

The two versions are produced from the same source code base. Pro is
a "superset" of Home.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP