possible MDAC problem on TS with Access application

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I have an Access 2k app running in Access 2003 (but in 2k mode). The backend
is MS SQL 2k. It's all running fine on the workstations (which are running
Windows XP and Office 03). Everything is updated to latest service packs
and patches.

They are also running running Windows TS 2003. That was originally running
Office XP and the app described above. All was fine on there until we
upgraded it to Office 03. Their IT person updated TS the other day and that
didn't solve our problem. The startup sequience in teh Access app has code
like this in a couple of spots:

Public cCommandForDocSourceFormNavButtons As New ADODB.Command

cCommandForDocSourceFormNavButtons.CommandText = "{? = CALL
spGetDocSourceRec(?,?,?) }"
cCommandForDocSourceFormNavButtons.ActiveConnection =
sConnectionForGeneralUses
' where "sConnectionForGeneralUses" is just the connection string to the
sql db.

Like I said, all that has been working fine for over a year and works fine
on the workstations still. But it hangs on that when running from TS. The
error is:
Automation Error
The specified procedure could not be found. (error # -2147024769)

I found a bit of info on line that seemed to indicate that MDAC could be a
problem here. I ran comcheck and all the workstations are showing "MDAC 2.8
SP1 on WinXP SP2" for the most part. The TS machine is showing "MDAC 2.8
RTM" (excpet for a couple of unknowns).

The DSN I've set up is fine. The tables link fine. I can see them and edit
them without any problems. But the above is not working.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here and how to solve this. We're
not interested in rewriting the code. It works fine like I said. But
something is different between the workstations and the TS machine. We need
to figure that out and solve it there.

Many thanks in advance,

Keith

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

This was definitely an MDAC issue. One of our IT people installed Windows
Server 2003 SP1 without shutting down the AV program. This caused some of
the dll's in the MDAC update to not install properly. We did not become
aware of his mistake until today. Having installed SP1 properly now, the
problem is solved. Just figured I'd pass this along in case it helps anyone
else out there.

Keith