Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
Ok i recently got my new rig to work

asus A8R-MVP ati 200 express crossfire
ati sapphire x1800 xt 512 mb
1gb ram 333 pc2700
creative extreme music sound card
amd 3800 x2 dual core

now first off i am having some trouble getting windows xp to work, and i could use some help but i really have my problem with my coolermaster cooldrive 4 where it blinks red and wont stop making a stupid beeping noise. the problem is with the cl cd 4 you have 4 heat sensors and 4 fan controllers well the heat sensor for the cpu is attached to the heatsink and the cl cd 4 says there is not a heat sensor hooked up. it says "OFF" and the the rpm of the fan.
12.jpg

11.jpg

ddd1.jpg

the cpu heat sensor is not OFF of the cpu. for some reason it says its off when its not off and im having trouble getting it to stop. help is very much appreciated.

RichPLS

Champion
In the BIOS, there is a section that displays temps and fan speed of mobo. See what it reads there and explore the settings.
Is it possible the cooldrive is reading the wrong sensors?

oinkypig

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
i do not think it readin the wrong sensors because that heat sensor is specifically plugged into the cooldrive itself.

oinkypig

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
how exactly do i figure out if the sensor is bad through the bios? i no how to get to the bios. i think i mightve broken it. the sesor was working before when i had the sensor on the cpu itself under the heatsink and it read 90 degrees celsius and it blinked red with that annoying sound but that was because it saw the cpu was to hot. so i took off the heat sensor off the cpu and placed it on the heatsink. and the red blink and sound kept on repeating saying "OFF" where the temp is suposed to be displayed.

RichPLS

Champion
sounds then like you just have a bad sensor.
if you have more than one, you can swap it till you can replace the bad one.
The mobo and processor has built in chipset/cpu probes that monitor critical data internally, this is how it knows it is too hot and disables till cooler.
Read your manual.

oinkypig

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
yeah your right it a bad sensor. so i put a jumper oon it but it read 191 degrees so the noise on blibking kept going so i need a new senspr but only 4 came with the coolermaster cooldrive four