How to see in real time how much (in kbytes) internet traf..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Hello
How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
requests cause?
29 answers Last reply
More about real time kbytes internet traf
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:31:19 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:

    >How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
    >requests cause?

    Dmitriy,

    there are a few simple ways. One is the Task Manager, Network
    tab. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys, then press Esc briefly
    and let go. It gives you the current network load in percent.
    You may want to fiddle with the display speed (View command).

    Another is to open the status dialog for your connection and
    watch the packet numbers change. For a very crude conversion
    into bytes, just multiply by 1,000. You may need a watch with
    seconds.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    The Task Manager, Network tab and the status dialog for my LAN connection
    shows all traffic, not internet traffic only. I need internet traffic only.
    "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:31:19 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    > <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >
    > >How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
    > >requests cause?
    >
    > Dmitriy,
    >
    > there are a few simple ways. One is the Task Manager, Network
    > tab. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys, then press Esc briefly
    > and let go. It gives you the current network load in percent.
    > You may want to fiddle with the display speed (View command).
    >
    > Another is to open the status dialog for your connection and
    > watch the packet numbers change. For a very crude conversion
    > into bytes, just multiply by 1,000. You may need a watch with
    > seconds.
    >
    > Hans-Georg
    >
    > --
    > No mail, please.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
    "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:31:19 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    > <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >
    > >How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
    > >requests cause?
    >
    > Dmitriy,
    >
    > there are a few simple ways. One is the Task Manager, Network
    > tab. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys, then press Esc briefly
    > and let go. It gives you the current network load in percent.
    > You may want to fiddle with the display speed (View command).
    >
    > Another is to open the status dialog for your connection and
    > watch the packet numbers change. For a very crude conversion
    > into bytes, just multiply by 1,000. You may need a watch with
    > seconds.
    >
    > Hans-Georg
    >
    > --
    > No mail, please.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:

    >Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?

    Dmitriy,

    bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.

    Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    with a filter, but I don't know much about these.

    Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    I've used the NetStat Live utility from AnalogX:
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

    Easy to install, easy to remove, no spyware/adware.

    Lance
    *****

    Dmitriy Kopnichev thought carefully and wrote on 8/19/2004 12:31 AM:

    > Hello
    > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
    > requests cause?

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Hi
    May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
    > requests cause?

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Install NetStatLive from www.analogx.com and you'll get a
    window that show in/out bound traffic in both a graph and
    numerically. It is free and works fine. It also shows
    monthly totals.

    "Jack" <JackMDS at veriz0n.net> wrote in message
    | Hi
    | May be this can Help:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    | Jack (MVP-Networking).
    |

    | "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    message
    | > Hello
    | > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet
    traffic do pages or
    | > requests cause?

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Thanks Hans-Georg
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    > <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >
    > >Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
    >
    > Dmitriy,
    >
    > bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    > including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    > please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    > inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
    >
    > Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    > with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    > with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
    >
    > Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    > depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    > whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    > for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >
    > Hans-Georg
    >
    > --
    > No mail, please.
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Thanks!
    > Install NetStatLive from www.analogx.com and you'll get a
    > window that show in/out bound traffic in both a graph and
    > numerically. It is free and works fine. It also shows
    > monthly totals.

    > "Jack" <JackMDS at veriz0n.net> wrote in message
    > | Hi
    > | May be this can Help:
    > http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    > | Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > |

    > | "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > | > Hello
    > | > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet
    > traffic do pages or
    > | > requests cause?

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    The NetStat Live does not show what pages or requests cause internet
    traffic.
    "Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
    > I've used the NetStat Live utility from AnalogX:
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    >
    > Easy to install, easy to remove, no spyware/adware.
    >
    > Lance
    > *****
    >
    > Dmitriy Kopnichev thought carefully and wrote on 8/19/2004 12:31 AM:
    >
    > > Hello
    > > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages
    or
    > > requests cause?

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    NetStatLive shows LAN traffic and internet traffic together, not separate. I
    need internet traffic only.
    > Install NetStatLive from www.analogx.com and you'll get a
    > window that show in/out bound traffic in both a graph and
    > numerically. It is free and works fine. It also shows
    > monthly totals.

    > "Jack" <JackMDS at veriz0n.net> wrote in message
    > | Hi
    > | May be this can Help:
    > http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    > | Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > |

    > | "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > | > Hello
    > | > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet
    > traffic do pages or
    > | > requests cause?

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    NetStatLive shows LAN traffic and internet traffic together, not separate. I
    need internet traffic only, separate from internal LAN traffic.
    "Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
    > I've used the NetStat Live utility from AnalogX:
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    >
    > Easy to install, easy to remove, no spyware/adware.
    >
    > Lance
    > *****
    >
    > Dmitriy Kopnichev thought carefully and wrote on 8/19/2004 12:31 AM:
    >
    > > Hello
    > > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages
    or
    > > requests cause?

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the aggregate
    traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    > <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >
    >>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
    >
    > Dmitriy,
    >
    > bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    > including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    > please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    > inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
    >
    > Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    > with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    > with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
    >
    > Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    > depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    > whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    > for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >
    > Hans-Georg
    >
    > --
    > No mail, please.
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Dmitriy--

    You may get some help from these sites including some free utilities:

    http://pages.prodigy.net/bobhenry/IOM-Software.htm

    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

    http://www.ip-measurement.org/tools/tool.php?task=list&start=m&end=s

    http://www.ip-measurement.org/tools/tool.php?task=list&start=m&end=s

    Chad Harris
    _________________

    I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the aggregate
    traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    > <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >
    >>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
    >
    > Dmitriy,
    >
    > bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    > including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    > please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    > inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
    >
    > Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    > with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    > with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
    >
    > Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    > depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    > whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    > for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >
    > Hans-Georg
    >
    > --
    > No mail, please.
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    I can't find anything appropriate at
    "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Dmitriy--
    >
    > You may get some help from these sites including some free utilities:
    >
    > http://pages.prodigy.net/bobhenry/IOM-Software.htm
    >
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    >
    > http://www.ip-measurement.org/tools/tool.php?task=list&start=m&end=s
    >
    > http://www.ip-measurement.org/tools/tool.php?task=list&start=m&end=s
    >
    > Chad Harris
    > _________________
    >
    > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the
    > aggregate
    > traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    > "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    >> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
    >>
    >> Dmitriy,
    >>
    >> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    >> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    >> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    >> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
    >>
    >> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    >> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    >> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
    >>
    >> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    >> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    >> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    >> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >>
    >> Hans-Georg
    >>
    >> --
    >> No mail, please.

  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    I can't find anything appropriate at
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

    "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the aggregate
    >traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    > "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    >> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
    >>
    >> Dmitriy,
    >>
    >> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    >> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    >> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    >> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
    >>
    >> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    >> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    >> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
    >>
    >> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    >> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    >> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    >> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >>
    >> Hans-Georg
    >>
    >> --
    >> No mail, please.

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Dimitri--

    Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole msn or 'ole yahoo
    search?

    "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"

    I'd be willing to bet if you try
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search engine like google,
    yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know exactly what you're
    looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal outline, I thought
    those sites might have something for you.

    Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site www.grc.com as well.

    Best,

    Chad Harris
    _____________________________________

    I can't find anything appropriate at
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

    "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the aggregate
    >traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    > "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
    >> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
    >>
    >> Dmitriy,
    >>
    >> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    >> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    >> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    >> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
    >>
    >> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    >> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    >> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
    >>
    >> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    >> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    >> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    >> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >>
    >> Hans-Georg
    >>
    >> --
    >> No mail, please.

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too big. I want to
    know what makes the traffic so big.
    The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase or rare word or
    symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic monitor" or something
    like this does not give anything good.
    > Dimitri--
    >
    > Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole msn or 'ole yahoo
    > search?
    >
    > "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
    >
    > I'd be willing to bet if you try
    > http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search engine like google,
    > yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know exactly what you're
    > looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal outline, I thought
    > those sites might have something for you.
    >
    > Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site www.grc.com as well.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Chad Harris
    > _____________________________________
    >

    > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > I can't find anything appropriate at
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    >
    > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >>I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the
    >>aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >> "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message

    >>> Dmitriy,
    >>>
    >>> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
    >>> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
    >>> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
    >>> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
    >>>
    >>> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
    >>> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
    >>> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
    >>>
    >>> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
    >>> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
    >>> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
    >>> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    >>>
    >>> Hans-Georg
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> No mail, please.

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
    a/v program?

    Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track
    your usage.

    | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too
    big. I want to
    | know what makes the traffic so big.
    | The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase
    or rare word or
    | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
    monitor" or something
    | like this does not give anything good.
    | "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | > Dimitri--
    | >
    | > Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole
    msn or 'ole yahoo
    | > search?
    | >
    | > "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
    | >
    | > I'd be willing to bet if you try
    | > http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search
    engine like google,
    | > yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know
    exactly what you're
    | > looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal
    outline, I thought
    | > those sites might have something for you.
    | >
    | > Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site
    www.grc.com as well.

    | > Best,
    | >
    | > Chad Harris
    | > _____________________________________
    | >

    | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    message
    | > I can't find anything appropriate at
    | > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    | >
    | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    message
    | >>I need the internet traffic to and from my computer
    only, not the
    | >>aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
    | >> "Hans-Georg Michna"
    <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
    Kopnichev"

    measuring. This
    computers.

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
    usage. He will not help me with this.
    Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything
    considerable.
    > Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    > www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
    > a/v program?
    >
    > Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track
    > your usage.
    >

    > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too
    > big. I want to
    > | know what makes the traffic so big.
    > | The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase
    > or rare word or
    > | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
    > monitor" or something
    > | like this does not give anything good.
    > | "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > | > Dimitri--
    > | >
    > | > Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole
    > msn or 'ole yahoo
    > | > search?
    > | >
    > | > "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
    > | >
    > | > I'd be willing to bet if you try
    > | > http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search
    > engine like google,
    > | > yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know
    > exactly what you're
    > | > looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal
    > outline, I thought
    > | > those sites might have something for you.
    > | >
    > | > Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site
    > www.grc.com as well.
    > | >
    > | > Best,
    > | >
    > | > Chad Harris
    > | > _____________________________________
    > | >

    > | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > | > I can't find anything appropriate at
    > | > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    > | >
    > | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > only, not the
    > Kopnichev"

    > bytes or

    > 1,500 bytes,
    > though, so
    > very

    > possible
    > sniffer

    > measuring. This
    > all and
    > but only
    > computers.

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    AnalogX has a packet sniffer, you might want to track your
    own computer. Internet traffic only happens because you're
    requesting or sending packets. If you have a program placed
    by a hacker that is sending traffic your IT guy is NOT doing
    his job if he won't help and only complains to you.
    Have you installed Zone Alarm (there is a free version
    www.zonelabs.com ) because it will prompt you to approve any
    program that is sending as well as trying to get in.

    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm

    | Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my
    case and track my
    | usage. He will not help me with this.
    | Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find
    anything
    | considerable.
    in message
    | > Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    | > www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a
    current
    | > a/v program?
    | >
    | > Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and
    track
    | > your usage.
    | >

    | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    message
    | > | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is
    too
    | > big. I want to
    | > | know what makes the traffic so big.
    | > | The search Engines are good when you search for a
    phrase
    | > or rare word or
    | > | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
    | > monitor" or something
    | > | like this does not give anything good.
    | > | "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in
    message

    | > msn or 'ole yahoo

    search
    | > engine like google,
    | > exactly what you're
    skeletal
    | > outline, I thought

    | > www.grc.com as well.

    | > message

    | > message
    | > only, not the
    | > Kopnichev"

    | > bytes or

    | > 1,500 bytes,
    shorter
    | > though, so
    | > very

    | > possible
    network
    | > sniffer

    | > measuring. This
    | > all and
    | > but only
    | > computers.

    | > |
    | > |

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Dmitri--

    1) Search engines *can easily find whatever you are looking for*, but right
    now they can't in *your hands*. You need to define what you need, and be
    willing to put forth a little effort. 65% of the questions posed in these
    newsgroups could be answered by use of search engines, and 45% could be
    answered by the MSKB, Technet's pages or XP Help and Support three of the
    most under used resources on the planet. When you add MVP web pages and
    other XP web pages, that number goes way up.

    Most questions I see from friends and acquaintances they could easily answer
    if they used their keyboard and mouse and the web, but what they are wanting
    is a type of "curiour errand runing service" from the web to their door.

    2) Analog X *does have a number of utilities that will do what you want*,
    but you need to actually look at them in their network section and get *the
    help you need* at your workplace to determine what you want. Analog X is
    not an application--it's a site with about 100 applications and some of them
    are awfully helpful, particularly since the cost to you is zip. Many people
    do not take the time to appreciate what they do and don't get the benefit.

    3) If you IT director doesn't know how to sit down with you and show you
    where to get whatever it is you actually want and need, or doesn't know
    anything about packet sniffers, then you need to search for someone
    competent who does.

    4) There are a plethora of people in the broadband forums I linked you to
    who are more than competent to help you find whatever it is you need and
    want. There are a plethora of people here, but you have to be specific.

    5) Tools you are blowing off as no good are more than adequate to do what
    you are looking for and the search engines are way more than adequate to
    find them in the right hands.

    6) Whatever is your quest or problem, your IT guy was blowing you off and
    failed miserably in not assisting you. He has the advantage that he can put
    his butt in a chair right next to you on your box.

    Best,

    Chad Harris
    __________________________________

    "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
    usage. He will not help me with this.
    Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything
    considerable.
    > Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    > www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
    > a/v program?
    >
    > Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track
    > your usage.
    >

    > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too
    > big. I want to
    > | know what makes the traffic so big.
    > | The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase
    > or rare word or
    > | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
    > monitor" or something
    > | like this does not give anything good.
    > | "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > | > Dimitri--
    > | >
    > | > Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole
    > msn or 'ole yahoo
    > | > search?
    > | >
    > | > "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
    > | >
    > | > I'd be willing to bet if you try
    > | > http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search
    > engine like google,
    > | > yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know
    > exactly what you're
    > | > looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal
    > outline, I thought
    > | > those sites might have something for you.
    > | >
    > | > Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site
    > www.grc.com as well.
    > | >
    > | > Best,
    > | >
    > | > Chad Harris
    > | > _____________________________________
    > | >

    > | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > | > I can't find anything appropriate at
    > | > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    > | >
    > | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > only, not the
    > Kopnichev"

    > bytes or

    > 1,500 bytes,
    > though, so
    > very

    > possible
    > sniffer

    > measuring. This
    > all and
    > but only
    > computers.

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Thanks for your reply.
    Can AnalogX PacketMon and Zone Alarm monitor internet traffic only, separate
    from internal LAN traffic?
    > AnalogX has a packet sniffer, you might want to track your
    > own computer. Internet traffic only happens because you're
    > requesting or sending packets. If you have a program placed
    > by a hacker that is sending traffic your IT guy is NOT doing
    > his job if he won't help and only complains to you.
    > Have you installed Zone Alarm (there is a free version
    > www.zonelabs.com ) because it will prompt you to approve any
    > program that is sending as well as trying to get in.
    >
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm
    >

    > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > | Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my
    > case and track my
    > | usage. He will not help me with this.
    > | Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find
    > anything
    > | considerable.
    > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    > in message
    > | > Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    > | > www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a
    > current
    > | > a/v program?
    > | >
    > | > Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and
    > track
    > | > your usage.
    > | >

    > | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > too
    > | > big. I want to
    > phrase
    > | > or rare word or
    > | > monitor" or something
    > message

    > 'ole
    > | > msn or 'ole yahoo

    > search
    > | > engine like google,
    > | > exactly what you're
    > skeletal
    > | > outline, I thought

    > | > www.grc.com as well.

    > | > message

    > | > message
    > | > only, not the
    > | > Kopnichev"

    > into
    > | > bytes or

    > | > 1,500 bytes,
    > shorter
    > | > though, so
    > is
    > | > very

    > not
    > | > possible
    > network
    > | > sniffer

    > | > measuring. This
    > at
    > | > all and
    > does,
    > | > but only
    > | > computers.

    > | > |
    > | > |

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Zone Alarm uses zones for Internet and intranet, you can
    give or deny permission for those zones. I have not used
    packet monitoring of any sort, but it should be possible to
    see source and destination.

    | Thanks for your reply.
    | Can AnalogX PacketMon and Zone Alarm monitor internet
    traffic only, separate
    | from internal LAN traffic?
    in message
    | > AnalogX has a packet sniffer, you might want to track
    your
    | > own computer. Internet traffic only happens because
    you're
    | > requesting or sending packets. If you have a program
    placed
    | > by a hacker that is sending traffic your IT guy is NOT
    doing
    | > his job if he won't help and only complains to you.
    | > Have you installed Zone Alarm (there is a free version
    | > www.zonelabs.com ) because it will prompt you to approve
    any
    | > program that is sending as well as trying to get in.

    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm

    | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    message
    | > | Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my
    | > case and track my
    | > | usage. He will not help me with this.
    | > | Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not
    find
    | > anything
    | > | considerable.
    | > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
    wrote
    | > in message
    | > current

    | > track

    | > message
    traffic is
    | > too
    | > phrase
    traffic
    | > message

    | > 'ole

    | > search
    | > skeletal

    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

    computer
    message

    convert
    | > into

    packet is
    | > shorter
    | > is

    | > not
    | > network

    router
    | > at
    | > does,

    | > | > |
    | > | > |

    | > |
    | > |

  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    I do not need to give or deny permission for those zones.
    Can Zone Alarm show source and destination of an internet traffic only in
    real time?
    > Zone Alarm uses zones for Internet and intranet, you can
    > give or deny permission for those zones. I have not used
    > packet monitoring of any sort, but it should be possible to
    > see source and destination.

    > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    > | Thanks for your reply.
    > | Can AnalogX PacketMon and Zone Alarm monitor internet
    > traffic only, separate
    > | from internal LAN traffic?
    > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    > in message
    > | > AnalogX has a packet sniffer, you might want to track
    > your
    > | > own computer. Internet traffic only happens because
    > you're
    > | > requesting or sending packets. If you have a program
    > placed
    > | > by a hacker that is sending traffic your IT guy is NOT
    > doing
    > | > his job if he won't help and only complains to you.
    > | > Have you installed Zone Alarm (there is a free version
    > | > www.zonelabs.com ) because it will prompt you to approve
    > any
    > | > program that is sending as well as trying to get in.
    > | >

    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm
    > | >

    > | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
    > message
    > | > case and track my
    > find
    > | > anything
    > wrote
    > | > in message
    > | > current

    > and
    > | > track

    > | > message
    > traffic is
    > | > too
    > | > phrase
    > traffic
    > | > message

    > | > 'ole

    > | > search
    > know
    > | > skeletal

    > site

    > in
    > | > | > | >
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

    > in

    > computer
    > message

    > convert
    > | > into

    > packet is
    > | > shorter
    > trick
    > | > is

    > is
    > | > not
    > | > network
    > these.

    > router
    > | > at
    > | > does,

    > | > | > |
    > | > | > |

    > | > |
    > | > |

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Analog X NetStatLive shows LAN traffic and internet traffic together, not
    separate. I need internet traffic only, separate from internal LAN traffic.
> [...]
    > Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
    > usage. He will not help me with this.
    > Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything
    > considerable.
    > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >> Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    >> www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
    >> a/v program?
    >>
    >> Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track
    >> your usage.
    >>

    >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >> | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too
    >> big. I want to
    >> | know what makes the traffic so big.
    >> | The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase
    >> or rare word or
    >> | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Chad,
    If it's so easy for you to find such a program why did you spend much time
    for writing this long reply instead of giving a link to such a program?
    Because the search will take too much your time too.
> [...]
    >>
    >> 6) Whatever is your quest or problem, your IT guy was blowing you off and
    >> failed miserably in not assisting you. He has the advantage that he can
    >> put his butt in a chair right next to you on your box.
    >>
    >> Best,
    >>
    >> Chad Harris
    >> __________________________________
    >>

    >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >> Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
    >> usage. He will not help me with this.
    >> Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything
    >> considerable.
    >> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >>> Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    >>> www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
    >>> a/v program?
    >>>
    >>> Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Dmitry--

    The links were off the top of my head. *I didn't spend much time writing
    anything.* My intention was to help you, and I was familiar with the sites
    I pointed you toward and their apps. I was also trying tof find you free
    apps.

    Sorry I couldn't help you, but I'll be glad to cut me bill in half. I don't
    undertake any searches I don't want to undertake, and I'm constantly
    rewarded by sites I want to find.

    I can find pretty much whatever program I need. I suggest that the fastest
    way for you to find what you want if no one here has satisfied you is to
    spend some time with a search engine like google, or to go on a forum at a
    security site or site specifically interested in net traffic.

    Bob Gibson's site www.grc.com has its own set of newsgroups that
    subspecialize in these type things. Broadband sites like the one I gave you
    do this as well, and there are xp forums that specialize in net traffic that
    would help you.

    You might also post on the microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall or
    microsoft.public.security_admin group which currently has one of the highest
    volumes of messages on it.

    Best,

    Chad Harris

> [...]
    >>
    >> 6) Whatever is your quest or problem, your IT guy was blowing you off and
    >> failed miserably in not assisting you. He has the advantage that he can
    >> put his butt in a chair right next to you on your box.
    >>
    >> Best,
    >>
    >> Chad Harris
    >> __________________________________
    >>

    >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >> Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
    >> usage. He will not help me with this.
    >> Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything
    >> considerable.
    >> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >>> Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
    >>> www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
    >>> a/v program?
    >>>
    >>> Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track

  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Thank you
> [...]
    >>> and want. There are a plethora of people here, but you have to be
    >>> specific.
    >>>
    >>> 5) Tools you are blowing off as no good are more than adequate to do
    >>> what you are looking for and the search engines are way more than
    >>> adequate to find them in the right hands.
    >>>
    >>> 6) Whatever is your quest or problem, your IT guy was blowing you off
    >>> and failed miserably in not assisting you. He has the advantage that he
    >>> can put his butt in a chair right next to you on your box.
    >>>
    >>> Best,
    >>>
    >>> Chad Harris
    >>>

    >>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
    >>> Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
    >>> usage. He will not help me with this.
    >>> Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything

Microsoft Internet Windows XP