How to see in real time how much (in kbytes) internet traf..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Hello
How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
requests cause?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:31:19 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
<kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:

>How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
>requests cause?

Dmitriy,

there are a few simple ways. One is the Task Manager, Network
tab. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys, then press Esc briefly
and let go. It gives you the current network load in percent.
You may want to fiddle with the display speed (View command).

Another is to open the status dialog for your connection and
watch the packet numbers change. For a very crude conversion
into bytes, just multiply by 1,000. You may need a watch with
seconds.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

The Task Manager, Network tab and the status dialog for my LAN connection
shows all traffic, not internet traffic only. I need internet traffic only.
"Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:31:19 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
>
> >How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
> >requests cause?
>
> Dmitriy,
>
> there are a few simple ways. One is the Task Manager, Network
> tab. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys, then press Esc briefly
> and let go. It gives you the current network load in percent.
> You may want to fiddle with the display speed (View command).
>
> Another is to open the status dialog for your connection and
> watch the packet numbers change. For a very crude conversion
> into bytes, just multiply by 1,000. You may need a watch with
> seconds.
>
> Hans-Georg
>
> --
> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
"Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:31:19 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
>
> >How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
> >requests cause?
>
> Dmitriy,
>
> there are a few simple ways. One is the Task Manager, Network
> tab. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys, then press Esc briefly
> and let go. It gives you the current network load in percent.
> You may want to fiddle with the display speed (View command).
>
> Another is to open the status dialog for your connection and
> watch the packet numbers change. For a very crude conversion
> into bytes, just multiply by 1,000. You may need a watch with
> seconds.
>
> Hans-Georg
>
> --
> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
<kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:

>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?

Dmitriy,

bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.

Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
with a filter, but I don't know much about these.

Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Lance

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I've used the NetStat Live utility from AnalogX:
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

Easy to install, easy to remove, no spyware/adware.

Lance
*****

Dmitriy Kopnichev thought carefully and wrote on 8/19/2004 12:31 AM:

> Hello
> How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
> requests cause?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Hi
May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> Hello
> How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages or
> requests cause?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Install NetStatLive from www.analogx.com and you'll get a
window that show in/out bound traffic in both a graph and
numerically. It is free and works fine. It also shows
monthly totals.

"Jack" <JackMDS at veriz0n.net> wrote in message
| Hi
| May be this can Help:
http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
| Jack (MVP-Networking).
|

| "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
message
| > Hello
| > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet
traffic do pages or
| > requests cause?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Thanks Hans-Georg
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
>
> >Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
>
> Dmitriy,
>
> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
>
> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
>
> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
>
> Hans-Georg
>
> --
> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Thanks!
> Install NetStatLive from www.analogx.com and you'll get a
> window that show in/out bound traffic in both a graph and
> numerically. It is free and works fine. It also shows
> monthly totals.

> "Jack" <JackMDS at veriz0n.net> wrote in message
> | Hi
> | May be this can Help:
> http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
> | Jack (MVP-Networking).
> |

> | "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
> message
> | > Hello
> | > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet
> traffic do pages or
> | > requests cause?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

The NetStat Live does not show what pages or requests cause internet
traffic.
"Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
> I've used the NetStat Live utility from AnalogX:
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
>
> Easy to install, easy to remove, no spyware/adware.
>
> Lance
> *****
>
> Dmitriy Kopnichev thought carefully and wrote on 8/19/2004 12:31 AM:
>
> > Hello
> > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages
or
> > requests cause?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

NetStatLive shows LAN traffic and internet traffic together, not separate. I
need internet traffic only.
> Install NetStatLive from www.analogx.com and you'll get a
> window that show in/out bound traffic in both a graph and
> numerically. It is free and works fine. It also shows
> monthly totals.

> "Jack" <JackMDS at veriz0n.net> wrote in message
> | Hi
> | May be this can Help:
> http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
> | Jack (MVP-Networking).
> |

> | "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
> message
> | > Hello
> | > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet
> traffic do pages or
> | > requests cause?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

NetStatLive shows LAN traffic and internet traffic together, not separate. I
need internet traffic only, separate from internal LAN traffic.
"Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
> I've used the NetStat Live utility from AnalogX:
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
>
> Easy to install, easy to remove, no spyware/adware.
>
> Lance
> *****
>
> Dmitriy Kopnichev thought carefully and wrote on 8/19/2004 12:31 AM:
>
> > Hello
> > How to see in real time how much (in Kbytes) internet traffic do pages
or
> > requests cause?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the aggregate
traffic to and from all LAN computers.
"Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
>
>>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
>
> Dmitriy,
>
> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
>
> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
>
> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
>
> Hans-Georg
>
> --
> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Dmitriy--

You may get some help from these sites including some free utilities:

http://pages.prodigy.net/bobhenry/IOM-Software.htm

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

http://www.ip-measurement.org/tools/tool.php?task=list&start=m&end=s

http://www.ip-measurement.org/tools/tool.php?task=list&start=m&end=s

Chad Harris
_________________

I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the aggregate
traffic to and from all LAN computers.
"Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
>
>>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
>
> Dmitriy,
>
> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
>
> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
>
> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
>
> Hans-Georg
>
> --
> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I can't find anything appropriate at
"Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

>> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
>> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
>> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
>>
>> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
>> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
>> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
>>
>> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
>> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
>> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
>> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
>>
>> Hans-Georg
>>
>> --
>> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Dimitri--

Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole msn or 'ole yahoo
search?

"Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"

I'd be willing to bet if you try
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search engine like google,
yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know exactly what you're
looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal outline, I thought
those sites might have something for you.

Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site www.grc.com as well.

Best,

Chad Harris
_____________________________________

I can't find anything appropriate at
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the aggregate
>traffic to and from all LAN computers.
> "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:58:14 +0400, "Dmitriy Kopnichev"
>> <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote:
>>
>>>Does multiplying packet numbers by 1,000 convert into bytes or kilobytes?
>>
>> Dmitriy,
>>
>> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
>> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
>> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
>> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
>>
>> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
>> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
>> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
>>
>> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
>> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
>> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
>> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
>>
>> Hans-Georg
>>
>> --
>> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too big. I want to
know what makes the traffic so big.
The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase or rare word or
symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic monitor" or something
like this does not give anything good.
> Dimitri--
>
> Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole msn or 'ole yahoo
> search?
>
> "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
>
> I'd be willing to bet if you try
> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search engine like google,
> yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know exactly what you're
> looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal outline, I thought
> those sites might have something for you.
>
> Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site www.grc.com as well.
>
> Best,
>
> Chad Harris
> _____________________________________
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> I can't find anything appropriate at
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>>I need the internet traffic to and from my computer only, not the
>>aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
>> "Hans-Georg Michna" <hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message

>>> Dmitriy,
>>>
>>> bytes. The maximum length of an Ethernet packet is 1,500 bytes,
>>> including a little overhead. Some packets are shorter though, so
>>> please understand that the multiply-by-1,000 trick is very
>>> inaccurate, but it gives you a hint.
>>>
>>> Separating Internet traffic from LAN traffic is not possible
>>> with these simple tools. You may need a good network sniffer
>>> with a filter, but I don't know much about these.
>>>
>>> Another way to go is to let the router do the measuring. This
>>> depends, of course, on whether you have a router at all and
>>> whether the router provides this service. Mine does, but only
>>> for the aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
>>>
>>> Hans-Georg
>>>
>>> --
>>> No mail, please.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
a/v program?

Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track
your usage.

| Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too
big. I want to
| know what makes the traffic so big.
| The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase
or rare word or
| symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
monitor" or something
| like this does not give anything good.
| "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > Dimitri--
| >
| > Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole
msn or 'ole yahoo
| > search?
| >
| > "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
| >
| > I'd be willing to bet if you try
| > http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search
engine like google,
| > yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know
exactly what you're
| > looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal
outline, I thought
| > those sites might have something for you.
| >
| > Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site
www.grc.com as well.

| > Best,
| >
| > Chad Harris
| > _____________________________________
| >

| > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
message
| > I can't find anything appropriate at
| > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
| >
| > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
message
| >>I need the internet traffic to and from my computer
only, not the
| >>aggregate traffic to and from all LAN computers.
| >> "Hans-Georg Michna"
<hans-georgNoEmailPlease@michna.com> wrote in message
Kopnichev"

bytes or

1,500 bytes,
though, so
very

possible
sniffer

measuring. This
all and
but only
computers.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
usage. He will not help me with this.
Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything
considerable.
> Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
> www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
> a/v program?
>
> Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track
> your usage.
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too
> big. I want to
> | know what makes the traffic so big.
> | The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase
> or rare word or
> | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
> monitor" or something
> | like this does not give anything good.
> | "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | > Dimitri--
> | >
> | > Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole
> msn or 'ole yahoo
> | > search?
> | >
> | > "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
> | >
> | > I'd be willing to bet if you try
> | > http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search
> engine like google,
> | > yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know
> exactly what you're
> | > looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal
> outline, I thought
> | > those sites might have something for you.
> | >
> | > Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site
> www.grc.com as well.
> | >
> | > Best,
> | >
> | > Chad Harris
> | > _____________________________________
> | >

> | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
> message
> | > I can't find anything appropriate at
> | > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
> | >
> | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
> message
> only, not the
> Kopnichev"

> bytes or

> 1,500 bytes,
> though, so
> very

> possible
> sniffer

> measuring. This
> all and
> but only
> computers.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

AnalogX has a packet sniffer, you might want to track your
own computer. Internet traffic only happens because you're
requesting or sending packets. If you have a program placed
by a hacker that is sending traffic your IT guy is NOT doing
his job if he won't help and only complains to you.
Have you installed Zone Alarm (there is a free version
www.zonelabs.com ) because it will prompt you to approve any
program that is sending as well as trying to get in.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm

| Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my
case and track my
| usage. He will not help me with this.
| Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find
anything
| considerable.
in message
| > Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
| > www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a
current
| > a/v program?
| >
| > Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and
track
| > your usage.
| >

| > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
message
| > | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is
too
| > big. I want to
| > | know what makes the traffic so big.
| > | The search Engines are good when you search for a
phrase
| > or rare word or
| > | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
| > monitor" or something
| > | like this does not give anything good.
| > | "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in
message

'ole
| > msn or 'ole yahoo

search
| > engine like google,
| > exactly what you're
skeletal
| > outline, I thought

| > www.grc.com as well.

| > message

| > message
| > only, not the
| > Kopnichev"

into
| > bytes or

| > 1,500 bytes,
shorter
| > though, so
| > very

not
| > possible
network
| > sniffer

| > measuring. This
at
| > all and
does,
| > but only
| > computers.

| > |
| > |

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Dmitri--

1) Search engines *can easily find whatever you are looking for*, but right
now they can't in *your hands*. You need to define what you need, and be
willing to put forth a little effort. 65% of the questions posed in these
newsgroups could be answered by use of search engines, and 45% could be
answered by the MSKB, Technet's pages or XP Help and Support three of the
most under used resources on the planet. When you add MVP web pages and
other XP web pages, that number goes way up.

Most questions I see from friends and acquaintances they could easily answer
if they used their keyboard and mouse and the web, but what they are wanting
is a type of "curiour errand runing service" from the web to their door.

2) Analog X *does have a number of utilities that will do what you want*,
but you need to actually look at them in their network section and get *the
help you need* at your workplace to determine what you want. Analog X is
not an application--it's a site with about 100 applications and some of them
are awfully helpful, particularly since the cost to you is zip. Many people
do not take the time to appreciate what they do and don't get the benefit.

3) If you IT director doesn't know how to sit down with you and show you
where to get whatever it is you actually want and need, or doesn't know
anything about packet sniffers, then you need to search for someone
competent who does.

4) There are a plethora of people in the broadband forums I linked you to
who are more than competent to help you find whatever it is you need and
want. There are a plethora of people here, but you have to be specific.

5) Tools you are blowing off as no good are more than adequate to do what
you are looking for and the search engines are way more than adequate to
find them in the right hands.

6) Whatever is your quest or problem, your IT guy was blowing you off and
failed miserably in not assisting you. He has the advantage that he can put
his butt in a chair right next to you on your box.

Best,

Chad Harris
__________________________________

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my case and track my
usage. He will not help me with this.
Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find anything
considerable.
> Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
> www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a current
> a/v program?
>
> Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and track
> your usage.
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> | Our LAN administrator says that my internet traffic is too
> big. I want to
> | know what makes the traffic so big.
> | The search Engines are good when you search for a phrase
> or rare word or
> | symbol combination. Searching for "internet traffic
> monitor" or something
> | like this does not give anything good.
> | "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | > Dimitri--
> | >
> | > Um what happens when you dust off 'ole google or 'ole
> msn or 'ole yahoo
> | > search?
> | >
> | > "Neecheevoo?" "Holodna?" "Gdeh Search Engine?"
> | >
> | > I'd be willing to bet if you try
> | > http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/all or a search
> engine like google,
> | > yahoo, or msn or dozens of others, since you know
> exactly what you're
> | > looking for, you'll have some luck. From your skeletal
> outline, I thought
> | > those sites might have something for you.
> | >
> | > Try http://www.minasi.com/ or Steve Gibson's site
> www.grc.com as well.
> | >
> | > Best,
> | >
> | > Chad Harris
> | > _____________________________________
> | >

> | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
> message
> | > I can't find anything appropriate at
> | > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
> | >
> | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
> message
> only, not the
> Kopnichev"

> bytes or

> 1,500 bytes,
> though, so
> very

> possible
> sniffer

> measuring. This
> all and
> but only
> computers.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Thanks for your reply.
Can AnalogX PacketMon and Zone Alarm monitor internet traffic only, separate
from internal LAN traffic?
> AnalogX has a packet sniffer, you might want to track your
> own computer. Internet traffic only happens because you're
> requesting or sending packets. If you have a program placed
> by a hacker that is sending traffic your IT guy is NOT doing
> his job if he won't help and only complains to you.
> Have you installed Zone Alarm (there is a free version
> www.zonelabs.com ) because it will prompt you to approve any
> program that is sending as well as trying to get in.
>
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> | Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my
> case and track my
> | usage. He will not help me with this.
> | Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not find
> anything
> | considerable.
> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > Have your run SpyBot Search & Destroy
> | > www.safer-networking.org to find spyware and also a
> current
> | > a/v program?
> | >
> | > Your IT guy can put a packet sniffer on your case and
> track
> | > your usage.
> | >

> | > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
> message
> too
> | > big. I want to
> phrase
> | > or rare word or
> | > monitor" or something
> message

> 'ole
> | > msn or 'ole yahoo

> search
> | > engine like google,
> | > exactly what you're
> skeletal
> | > outline, I thought

> | > www.grc.com as well.

> | > message

> | > message
> | > only, not the
> | > Kopnichev"

> into
> | > bytes or

> | > 1,500 bytes,
> shorter
> | > though, so
> is
> | > very

> not
> | > possible
> network
> | > sniffer

> | > measuring. This
> at
> | > all and
> does,
> | > but only
> | > computers.

> | > |
> | > |

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Zone Alarm uses zones for Internet and intranet, you can
give or deny permission for those zones. I have not used
packet monitoring of any sort, but it should be possible to
see source and destination.

| Thanks for your reply.
| Can AnalogX PacketMon and Zone Alarm monitor internet
traffic only, separate
| from internal LAN traffic?
in message
| > AnalogX has a packet sniffer, you might want to track
your
| > own computer. Internet traffic only happens because
you're
| > requesting or sending packets. If you have a program
placed
| > by a hacker that is sending traffic your IT guy is NOT
doing
| > his job if he won't help and only complains to you.
| > Have you installed Zone Alarm (there is a free version
| > www.zonelabs.com ) because it will prompt you to approve
any
| > program that is sending as well as trying to get in.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm

| > "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in
message
| > | Our IT does not know how to put a packet sniffer on my
| > case and track my
| > | usage. He will not help me with this.
| > | Yes. I have run SpyBot Search & Destroy. It did not
find
| > anything
| > | considerable.
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>