Using CITRIX client from a TS session? Users need PowerUse..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

I have a bunch of users that we're moving to RD/TS only connections to
the home office. With the exception of the ADP Hosted E-Time services
everything is working great.

When a user runs E-Time, unless they are members of the Power-User (or
Administrators) group, they can not complete the Citrix connection, it
just hangs.

Anyone working with Citrix sessions through a Terminal Services session?

Any ideas on what security needs to be applied to resources to make it
work.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
4 answers Last reply
More about using citrix client session users poweruse
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

    Have you tried using FILEMON/REGMON to see what is being denied for the
    regular users that prevent them to connect?

    --
    Cláudio Rodrigues

    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Technologies - Terminal Services
    http://www.terminal-services.net
    >I have a bunch of users that we're moving to RD/TS only connections to
    > the home office. With the exception of the ADP Hosted E-Time services
    > everything is working great.
    >
    > When a user runs E-Time, unless they are members of the Power-User (or
    > Administrators) group, they can not complete the Citrix connection, it
    > just hangs.
    >
    > Anyone working with Citrix sessions through a Terminal Services session?
    >
    > Any ideas on what security needs to be applied to resources to make it
    > work.

    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

    In article <eR$qwwGYFHA.160@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
    Claudio.Rodrigues@NOSPAM-Terminal-Services.NET says...
    > Have you tried using FILEMON/REGMON to see what is being denied for the
    > regular users that prevent them to connect?

    No, I'm not familiar with those. Can you please provide a little
    information on their use and what I would look for?

    Thanks.

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

    Download FileMon and RegMon from http://www.sysinternals.com/. Run
    them as administrator (when no user is connected) and start a Citrix
    session as a normal user.

    FileMon and RegMon will show you all "access denied" errors that
    occur, so that you can give your users the necessary permissions on a
    file-to file or Registry subkey basis.

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote on 24 maj 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

    > In article <eR$qwwGYFHA.160@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
    > Claudio.Rodrigues@NOSPAM-Terminal-Services.NET says...
    >> Have you tried using FILEMON/REGMON to see what is being denied
    >> for the regular users that prevent them to connect?
    >
    > No, I'm not familiar with those. Can you please provide a little
    > information on their use and what I would look for?
    >
    > Thanks.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

    Thanks Vera, I will try it tonight.

    In article <Xns9660F0CF03462veranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16>,
    vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se says...
    > Download FileMon and RegMon from http://www.sysinternals.com/. Run
    > them as administrator (when no user is connected) and start a Citrix
    > session as a normal user.
    >
    > FileMon and RegMon will show you all "access denied" errors that
    > occur, so that you can give your users the necessary permissions on a
    > file-to file or Registry subkey basis.
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >
    > Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote on 24 maj 2005 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:
    >
    > > In article <eR$qwwGYFHA.160@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
    > > Claudio.Rodrigues@NOSPAM-Terminal-Services.NET says...
    > >> Have you tried using FILEMON/REGMON to see what is being denied
    > >> for the regular users that prevent them to connect?
    > >
    > > No, I'm not familiar with those. Can you please provide a little
    > > information on their use and what I would look for?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

Microsoft Citrix Windows