Using CITRIX client from a TS session? Users need PowerUse..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

I have a bunch of users that we're moving to RD/TS only connections to
the home office. With the exception of the ADP Hosted E-Time services
everything is working great.

When a user runs E-Time, unless they are members of the Power-User (or
Administrators) group, they can not complete the Citrix connection, it
just hangs.

Anyone working with Citrix sessions through a Terminal Services session?

Any ideas on what security needs to be applied to resources to make it
work.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Have you tried using FILEMON/REGMON to see what is being denied for the
regular users that prevent them to connect?

--
Cláudio Rodrigues

Microsoft MVP
Windows Technologies - Terminal Services
http://www.terminal-services.net

In article <eR$qwwGYFHA.160@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
Claudio.Rodrigues@NOSPAM-Terminal-Services.NET says...
> Have you tried using FILEMON/REGMON to see what is being denied for the
> regular users that prevent them to connect?

No, I'm not familiar with those. Can you please provide a little
information on their use and what I would look for?

Thanks.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Download FileMon and RegMon from http://www.sysinternals.com/. Run
them as administrator (when no user is connected) and start a Citrix
session as a normal user.

FileMon and RegMon will show you all "access denied" errors that
occur, so that you can give your users the necessary permissions on a
file-to file or Registry subkey basis.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote on 24 maj 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> In article <eR$qwwGYFHA.160@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
> Claudio.Rodrigues@NOSPAM-Terminal-Services.NET says...
>> Have you tried using FILEMON/REGMON to see what is being denied
>> for the regular users that prevent them to connect?
>
> No, I'm not familiar with those. Can you please provide a little
> information on their use and what I would look for?
>
> Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Thanks Vera, I will try it tonight.

In article <Xns9660F0CF03462veranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16>,
vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se says...