jokersgrin

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
Got a new build going here and would like someone that is useing this PSU if at all possible.

Normally I stick with OCZ and PC power & cooling but do to certain hardware that I have bought I have now limited funds to get what I want, but desire a good brand and relible PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817104014

This Psu is a dual 12v w/ active PFC rated @ 600w
Would like some of the ( old timers ) to really dig this thing out and give a recommandation

Build set up
Opty 180 :twisted:
DFI NF4 SLI-DR
OCZ DDR 533 4x512
4xWD raptors 74GB :twisted:
EVGA 2x 7800gtx
Cooler Master Stacker 830 8)
Custom liquid cooling setup :wink:
2x danger den xtreme ice II w/dual 120mm (4xpanflo 120mm 110cfm ea)
danger den cpu, sli Gpu, chipset blocks :twisted:
asetek waterchill xtreme pump :D
asetek lcd display for pump 8)
VLsystem M-play plus VFD 8)

THANX in advance

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
I like Fortron PSUs, so I'd give it a try without looking. :)

[/follows link and reads up a little]

I've never used that one in particular, but it has all the geegaws & features for the SATA, SLI/Crossfire, etc., so it looks good.

That should power a very hungry system.

Mike.

jokersgrin

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
Well guys or gals I went ahead a bought the PSU. I know fortron is in itself is a good brand just never had or knew anyone that used Frotron or this PSU.
Deciding factor was all the good reviews of their other products. I'll tell ya how it turns out

To answer wusy's question: yes its the expert bro, I like OCZ myself this one stuck out from some reviews I had read on it.

Was givein serious thought to getting the 700w FSP had, but funds planned for this build got short because I went with the water cooling solution for Over clocking and wanted good quality stuff plus a way to monitor it thru windows and emergency shutdown relay if pump goes bad when I wasn't at the PC! What I had planned for a PSU was the PC power & cooling 850! Yes a little over kill but I was also futrue proofing as well.

Just to note this will be my first serious setup geared to OC'in. I feel comfortable enough with what I've learned from my friends and you so thank you all :D :wink: