Cannot start Microsoft Outlook

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi all,
Just configured my W2k TS in application mode.
Installed Office 2000 with Transform File.
Put one user in Domain Admin group, configured exchange server settings
started outlook - > all works fine ...
....until I remove user from Domain Admin Group again.

As "normal" user I receive "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook" if I want to
start outlook????

Any help is highly appreciated.

TIA
Dan Ackermann

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Was the server in "install" mode when you installed Office?
Did you start Outlook for the first time as Administrator *while the
server was still in install mode?

Check the links in this article, especially 222303:

224313 - How to Install Office 2000 on Windows 2000 Terminal Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224313

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net

Dan Ackermann <dummy@intos.ch> wrote on 26 jul 2005:

> Hi all,
> Just configured my W2k TS in application mode.
> Installed Office 2000 with Transform File.
> Put one user in Domain Admin group, configured exchange server
> settings started outlook - > all works fine ...
> ...until I remove user from Domain Admin Group again.
>
> As "normal" user I receive "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook" if I
> want to start outlook????
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Dan Ackermann