Application crashes with 0xc00000c4

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi,

I have this problem going on with one of our software; this software is
used by many end-user on terminal server. The application crashes at
different point and when I look into the event viewer, I notice
everywhere the 0xc00000c4 error.

I read lot of posts on the groups, on the web, and everything is
telling me it is supposed to be fix with win2000 sp4, it is the version
we are using on the server. Then I found the post about the RFCB
caching, I looked it is deactivated on our server.

The problem is still happening, I told my self, let's try to avoid
mapped drive. I managed to copy locally everything our software use
(except the Oracle database); the software ran for a few days and the
customer called me, telling me : "Great, the application doesn't crash
anymore. But it is freezing now". From time to time, the application is
freezing at a certain point and it may continue to work (I saw a
session restarting to work after freezing for 11 minutes).

My question is, does anyone have a similar issue ? Either the
application crashing with 0xc00000c4 or the freezing when in local.

Thank you,

Nicolas Bouchard

MichaelKnowles

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
I have a VB 6.0 app that runs of a Network Share in a terminal server environment and reports the following error...sometimes everynow and then. The operators are quite often doing different things with the program rather than anything repeatable.

The Instruction at 0xc0043cf41 referenced memory at 0xc0043cf41
The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status 0xc00000c4. The application GUI then displays a gray screen and has to be remotely logged out.