Terminal Services Newsgroup Consolidation

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain (More info?)

We are planning to consolidate TS newsgroup community in an aim to better
serve your needs.

We believe the TS Newsgroup community members will benefit from easier
access to shared information and by being able to reach the community at
large
with a single group to post, as opposed to having to broadcast posts across
multiple low traffic newsgroups where they often get missed.

As such we intend that the microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services
would be come the premier newsgroup for all posts. And that the following
newsgroups would be retired:

microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.hardware
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.tcpip
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user
microsoft.public.win2000.termsrv.clients
microsoft.public.win2000.termsrv.apps,
microsoft.public.mac.rdc

By consolidating all of these newsgroups we feel we can reduce the confusion
of which group to post in and help increase the chances you will get the
answers you need.

This plan only applies to the main 'English's TS newsgroups. These groups
will not be removed from the main Microsoft news server until traffic is
almost nil.

Regards and thanks for participating in these groups.

Alex Balcanquall
Technical Product Manager
Terminal Services
Windows Server System

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Alex, I think this is a great idea, as it'd take me less time to patrol one
newsgroup.

--
Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Alex Balcanquall [MSFT]" wrote:

> We are planning to consolidate TS newsgroup community in an aim to better
> serve your needs.
>
> We believe the TS Newsgroup community members will benefit from easier
> access to shared information and by being able to reach the community at
> large
> with a single group to post, as opposed to having to broadcast posts across
> multiple low traffic newsgroups where they often get missed.
>
> As such we intend that the microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services
> would be come the premier newsgroup for all posts. And that the following
> newsgroups would be retired:
>
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.hardware
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.tcpip
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user
> microsoft.public.win2000.termsrv.clients
> microsoft.public.win2000.termsrv.apps,
> microsoft.public.mac.rdc
>
> By consolidating all of these newsgroups we feel we can reduce the confusion
> of which group to post in and help increase the chances you will get the
> answers you need.
>
> This plan only applies to the main 'English's TS newsgroups. These groups
> will not be removed from the main Microsoft news server until traffic is
> almost nil.
>
> Regards and thanks for participating in these groups.
>
> Alex Balcanquall
> Technical Product Manager
> Terminal Services
> Windows Server System

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

The sooner the better!
Then I can delete my automated reply:
"multi-post. already answered in newsgroup XXXXXX" :)
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljayBSb3VzZQ==?="
<PatrickRouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 09 aug 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Alex, I think this is a great idea, as it'd take me less time to
> patrol one newsgroup.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Patrick Rouse wrote
(in article
<72DB159F-9EFA-4C60-9E7C-EC539A3D3098@microsoft.com>):

> Alex, I think this is a great idea, as it'd take me less time to patrol one
> newsgroup.

Except verizon doesn't even carry the proposed replacement.

--
_ __ _
|___/